Looking for something fun, rewarding, challenging, and interesting?
Put yourself in the driving seat, and work with us!
We're always looking for vibrant, outgoing people who want to learn about their country, travel, and share what they've learnt with people from around the world.Our Tour Guides are the key to providing once-in-a-lifetime experiences. We are looking for self-starters; people with initiative; those who understand the value of exceptional customer service, and of course, people with an all-round passion for travel.If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! Please fill out the enquiry form, and we'll be in touch.
- Check out what you'll be doing... Guides Role
- Learn more about our recruitment process
- Yes, please! Enquire here
Why work for us?
- Great pay
- Access to staff benefits including: free or discounted travel for yourself on Adventure Tours Australia Group tours/products, plus discounted travel on ATAG tours/products for family and friends
- Ability to transfer and work as a tour guide in any of our Australia-wide operations (based in Adelaide, Alice Springs, Darwin, Hobart, Sydney)
- Industry-related discounts
- Flexible working schedule
- For a minimum fee, you can choose to live in our exclusive Adventure Tours Australia Guide Houses, provided to ensure a smooth transition for interstate guides (subject to availability)
- Meet and travel with people from around the world
What we’re looking for:
- We provide full training, but you will need:
- Must haves:
- Fluent spoken and written English
- You must have the right to work in Australia
- Drivers License.
- (minimum “C” class unrestricted licence held for one year, with a desire to upgrade to a Light Rigid - we can assist you with driver training and licence upgrade)
- A clean driving record
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Senior First Aid Certificate. This must be an Australian qualification.
- Ideal age is between 22 and 40 years
- Willingness to commit to a comprehensive two week training program
- Willingness to commit to a minimum 6 month period of continuous employment
Helpful to have:
- Face-to-face customer service experience
- Leadership qualities and good time management skills
- Punctuality and ability to work under pressure
- Experience dealing with people from different countries and cultures
- Experience in driving heavy vehicles
- Sound knowledge of Australia, it’s geography, culture, people, plants and animals
- Travel experience within Australia or overseas