This three day adventure tour is a great way to travel between Australia's two main cities without missing out on anything in between. Enjoy exploring the small towns as you travel North to Sydney passing through the national capital, Canberra. You'll pass through the Snowy River High Country as well as making a stop at Wilsons Promontory National Park, the Southernmost part of the Australian mainland. You'll sleep under the stars and meet new, like minded travellers all out seeking adventure.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $399.00EUR €345.00GBP £265.00
|Tour Style||Unleashed 18-39|
|Route||Sydney to Melbourne|
|Price (adult)||AUD $399.00EUR €345.00GBP £265.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Sydney to Snowy Mountains (via Canberra)
DEFAULT PICK UP: Sydney Central YHA, 06:30am
Our first stop today is the capital city of Australia, Canberra - home of the Australian Federal Government. There is more to Canberra than you think! We take a tour through Parliament House and a visit to the Australian War Memorial before we enjoy views from the city’s high point and drive by some of the foreign embassies. After lunch in the central retail area, we tackle the Monaro plains, learn of the hardships and international relations formed by the areas giant Snowy Mountain Hydro Scheme. We stay overnight in the heart of the Snowy Mountains. (D)
Day 2 – Snowy Mountains to Gippsland Lakes
If weather permits, spend the morning climbing to the top of Australia’s tallest peak - Mt Kosciuszko. At 2228 metres it is an easy grade hike from the top of the Crakenback Express chairlift. Later in the afternoon we turn south and take an afternoon drive across the famous Snowy River country and cross the border into Victoria. Tonight, we enjoy a night on the edge of a stunning coastal lake. (BD)
Day 3 – Gippsland Lakes to Melbourne (via Wilsons Promontory)
With Bass Strait by our side, we skirt the north eastern coast of Victoria and head to the southern most national park of the Australian mainland – Wilsons Promontory. You may be able to take your Aussie ‘Coat of Arms’ photo with a chance of seeing kangaroos and emus together on the vast grasslands. A hike up and along the granite leads us to an area perfect for taking in the beautiful views of the surrounding coastline. With the bright lights and lively buzz of Melbourne in our sights we dodge the trams and navigate the city streets for our central drop off. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Default pick up: Sydney Central YHA (11 Rawson Pl) at 6:30am. Other pick up locations available are: Base Backpackers (Kent St) at 6:15am; Corner Macleay St & Orwell St, Kings Cross at 6:05am.
Arrival location : Nomads Industry (A’Beckett St), or Base Backpackers St Kilda early evening day 3
Tour departs: Oct 2013– Mar 2014: Wed, Sat
(tour does not depart Apr-Sept)
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- national park entrance fees
- meals as included
- chairlift at Mt Kosciuszko (seasonal)
- 2 nights hostel dorm accommodation incl. bed linen (or upgrade to Twin/Double or Single budget ensuite).
Accommodation upgrades: 2 nights budget ensuite
Twin/Double: AUD $ 499 / € 430 / ₤ 330
Single: AUD $ 599 / € 520 / ₤ 400
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- money for meals and optional activities.
- This tour is for 18-39 year olds ONLY
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Tour is operated together with our touring partner Topdeck.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and must be shown to the guide on day one.
- Upgrade accommodation is budget style and may be located on different premises to dorm accommodation.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 20kg applies.