This New Zealand North Island adventure departs from Auckland, the country's largest city and will give you a great NZ experience. Visit the Bay of Islands and try to spot sperm whales and dolphins on the wildlife overnight cruise. The other nights you'll be staying in lodge-style accommodation. Our minibus will also take you to visit Huka Falls, Kaikoura, Nelson and Waitomo all the while en route to Wellington where the tour will conclude. Don't forget to enjoy a walk at Tongariro Alpine Crossing, known as one of New Zealand's best day trips.
Max Passengers: 15
AUD $2140.00EUR €1490.00GBP £1280.00
|Route||Auckland to Christchurch|
|Price (adult)||AUD $2140.00EUR €1490.00GBP £1280.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Auckland
Arrive early to make the most of Auckland, New Zealand's largest city. Enjoy the relaxed cosmopolitan vibe and the wide variety of cafes and bars that make up the lively atmosphere.
Day 2 - Bay of Islands
DEFAULT PICK UP: Kiwi International Hotel, 411 Queen St Auckland at 0730am
We leave Auckland and drive through fantastic scenery towards New Zealand's picture-perfect North where there are beautiful beaches and unspoiled places to explore.
Day 3 - Bay of Islands
Today we have a range of available activities including kayaking, a boat trip to the islands or just taking it easy and relaxing. We also visit the village of Russell for a look into NZ´s interesting past.
Day 4 – Waitomo-Rotorua
Discover Waitomo, which is famous for its limestone caves, glow worms and blackwater rafting - an unforgettable adventure experience involving hiking and descending an underground river floating on an inner tube.
Day 5 – Rotorua
Geysers, bubbling mud pools and volcanic cliffs shaped by seismic forces make Rotorua a must-see destination while travelling in New Zealand. It is also one of the world’s most lively places for geothermal activity. This popular resort town boasts a fine selection of restaurants and cafes.
Days 6 and 7 – Taupo/Mt Ruapehu
Visit the beautiful Huka Falls on the way to Taupo. While in Taupo, take the opportunity to bungee jump or jet boat (at own expense) - this is the extreme sports capital of the North Island after all! For the energetic we recommend a hike along the Tongariro Crossing. Day 8 – WellingtonWe spend some time today exploring Te Papa Tongarewa museum. In our free time perhaps jump in the cable car to the Botanic Gardens for spectacular views of Wellington city and harbour.
Days 9 and 10 – Nelson
Cruise the Marlborough Sounds while aboard a scenic ferry from the North to the South Island, on the way to Nelson. Be sure to make time to visit Abel Tasman National Park or perhaps indulge in a local winery tour.Day 11 – KaikouraTravel to Kaikoura, where animal lovers can spot sperm whales, dolphins, seals and wandering albatrosses in this wildlife mecca.
Day 12 – Christchurch
Today we finish our North Island Explorer adventure in Christchurch.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Kiwi International Hotel, Auckland
Arrival location : Jailhouse Hostel Christchurch early evening day 12
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- 11 nights lodge style accommodation
- Meals are not included*
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- Swimming gear
- Hat & sunscreen
- Motion sickness tablets
- Water bottle
- Towel and toiletries
- Warm clothing and waterproof jacket,
- Insect repellent
- Money for meal kitty*
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions and weather extremes. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Adventure Tours reserve the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 20kg applies.
- *We operate an optional kitty on all New Zealand Explorer tours. Passengers are encouraged to contribute to a central fund which is used to buy groceries which then supply meals to the entire group. Passengers with special dietary requirements may prefer to opt out but can in most cases be catered for easily. The kitty is administered by the group and your leader will collect the food kitty payment NZ$15 per day. Food kitty money will cover most meals. Some nights the group may decide to eat out which is extra (approx. $15 – $25). We will provide all cooking equipment and everyone will take turns in the buying, preparation and cooking of group meals.