Max Passengers: 15
AUD $2330.00EUR €1775.00GBP £1475.00
|Route||Auckland to Christchurch|
|Price (adult)||AUD $2330.00EUR €1775.00GBP £1475.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Auckland
Arrive early to make the most of the distinctive Pacific flavour of Auckland, New Zealand's largest city. Enjoy a cosmopolitan vibe and a wide variety of well positioned cafes that bask in the lively atmosphere.
Days 2 and 3 – Bay of Islands
Cross lush green farmland and peer up at the ancient trees of the Kauri forests before boarding an overnight boat for a cruise through the legendary Bay of Islands. On board you’ll find a games room, bar and full fun facilities. The boat is equipped with kayaks, snorkelling gear and other equipment for all the planned stops at the islands on this 22 hour tour. Sit back and enjoy one of your trip highlights.
Day 4 – Waitomo
Discover Waitomo, which is famous for its limestone caves, glow worms and blackwater rafting - an unforgettable trip involving hiking and descending an underground river floating on an inner tube.
Day 5 – Rotorua
Geysers, bubbling mud pools and volcanic cliffs shaped by seismic forces make Rotorua a must-see while travelling in New Zealand. This popular resort town also boasts a fine selection of restaurants and cafes.
Days 6 and 7 – Taupo/Mt Ruapehu
Visit the beautiful Huka Falls on the way to Taupo. While in Taupo, take the opportunity to bungee jump or jet boat (at own expense) - this is the extreme sports capital of the North Island after all! Be inspired and captivated by the majesty of Mt Ruapehu. For the energetic, a hike along the Tongariro Crossing is recommended.
Day 8 – Wellington
Spend time exploring Te Papa Tongarewa museum. In free time perhaps jump in the cable car to the Botanic Gardens for spectacular views of Wellington city and harbour.
Days 9 and 10 – Nelson
Cruise the Marlborough Sounds while aboard a scenic ferry from the North to the South Island, on the way to Nelson. Be sure to make time to visit Abel Tasman National Park or perhaps indulge in a local winery tour.
Day 11 – Kaikoura
Travel to Kaikoura, where animal lovers can spot sperm whales, dolphins, seals and wandering albatrosses in this wildlife mecca.
Day 12 – Christchurch
Finish your North Island Explorer adventure in Christchurch.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: YHA International Hostel, Auckland
Arrival location: Jailhouse Hostel Christchurch early evening day 12
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- 10 nights lodge style accommodation and 1 night overnight boat cruise.
- Meals are not included*
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- Swimming gear
- Hat & sunscreen
- Motion sickness tablets
- Water bottle
- Towel and toiletries
- Warm clothing and waterproof jacket,
- Insect repellent
- Money for meal kitty*
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions and weather extremes. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Tour is operated by our tour partner Trek Tracks New Zealand
- The Bay of Islands boat tour will be substituted May - September with another boat tour of equivalent value, quality and experience, which may or may not be overnight depending on availability and conditions.
- The overnight boat tour may need to be substituted to a day boat tour during winter departures.
- Adventure Tours reserve the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 20kg applies.
- *We operate an optional kitty on all New Zealand Explorer tours. Passengers are encouraged to contribute to a central fund which is used to buy groceries which then supply meals to the entire group. Passengers with special dietary requirements may prefer to opt out but can in most cases be catered for easily. The kitty is administered by the group and your leader will collect the food kitty payment NZ$15 per day. Food kitty money will cover most meals. Some nights the group may decide to eat out which is extra (approx. $15 – $25). We will provide all cooking equipment and everyone will take turns in the buying, preparation and cooking of group meals.