This New Zealand North Island adventure departs from Auckland, the country's largest city and will give you a great NZ experience. Visit the Bay of Islands, Huka Falls, Kaikoura, Nelson and Waitomo all the while en route to Wellington where the tour will conclude. Don't forget to enjoy a walk at Tongariro Alpine Crossing, known as one of New Zealand's best day trips. This is the updrade version of the 12 Day North Island Explorer Southbound. Click here to see the original.
Max Passengers: 15
AUD $3195.00EUR €2200.00GBP £1845.00
|Route||Auckland to Christchurch|
|Price (adult)||AUD $3195.00EUR €2200.00GBP £1845.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Auckland
Arrive early to make the most of Auckland, New Zealand's largest city. Enjoy the relaxed cosmopolitan vibe and the wide variety of cafes and bars that make up the lively atmosphere.
Day: 2 Bay of Islands
DEFAULT PICK UP: Kiwi International Hotel, 411 Queen St Auckland at 0730am
We leave Auckland and drive through fantastic scenery towards New Zealand's picture-perfect North where there are beautiful beaches and unspoiled places to explore. (B)
Day: 3 Bay of Islands
Today we have a range of available activities including kayaking, a boat trip to the islands or just taking it easy and relaxing. We also visit the village of Russell for a look into NZ´s interesting past.
Day 4 – Waitomo-Rotorua
Discover Waitomo, which is famous for its limestone caves, glow worms and blackwater rafting - an unforgettable adventure experience involving hiking and descending an underground river floating on an inner tube. (B)
Day 5 – Rotorua
Geysers, bubbling mud pools and volcanic cliffs shaped by seismic forces make Rotorua a must-see destination while travelling in New Zealand. It is also one of the world’s most lively places for geothermal activity. This popular resort town boasts a fine selection of restaurants and cafes. (B)
Days 6 and 7 – Taupo/Mt Ruapehu
Visit the beautiful Huka Falls on the way to Taupo. While in Taupo, take the opportunity to bungee jump or jet boat (at own expense) - this is the extreme sports capital of the North Island after all! For the energetic we recommend a hike along the Tongariro Crossing. (BDx1)
Day 8 – Wellington
We spend some time today exploring Te Papa Tongarewa museum. In our free time perhaps jump in the cable car to the Botanic Gardens for spectacular views of Wellington city and harbour. (B)
Days 9 and 10 – Nelson
Cruise the Marlborough Sounds while aboard a scenic ferry from the North to the South Island, on the way to Nelson. Be sure to make time to visit Abel Tasman National Park or perhaps indulge in a local winery tour. (Bx1)
Day 11 – Kaikoura
Travel to Kaikoura, where animal lovers can spot sperm whales, dolphins, seals and wandering albatrosses in this wildlife mecca. (B)
Day 12 – Christchurch
Today we finish our North Island Explorer adventure in Christchurch. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Kiwi International Hotel, 411 Queen St Auckland, 0730am Day 2
Arrival location : YHA Christchurch OR Jailhouse Hostel Christchurch, early evening day 12*
Jan 06 31
- Experienced guide
- 11 nights lodge style twin/double/single upgrade accommodation
- 9 breakfasts and 2 dinnes, other meals at own expense.
This trip is twin share. Passengers travelling alone will be paired with another person of the same sex. Single upgrade also available, please enquire at time of booking.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear
- warm clothing in winter, waterproof jacket
- water bottles
- insect repellent
• Departures JAN 06 and FEB 24 will finish at the Jailhouse Hostel, Christchurch.
• Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
• Tour is operated by our tour partner Trek Tracks.
• Doubtful Sound overnight cruise is on Day 7, and may need to be substituted to a day boat tour on some winter departures (weather dependent).
• Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
• A STRICT luggage limit of 20kg applies.
• It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.• B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.