This is an East to West tour of the South island of beautiful New Zealand. See the icy vistas ar Franz Josef before visiting the adrenaline capital of the world - Queenstown. Here you'll be able to go crazy trying out all the action-packed activities as you can handle - bungy, sky diving, paragliding, the list goes on. The tour makes a stop in Mt Cook before ending in Christchurch.
Max Passengers: 15
AUD $2205.00EUR €1535.00GBP £1320.00
|Route||Christchurch to Christchurch|
|Price (adult)||AUD $2205.00EUR €1535.00GBP £1320.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Christchurch
Arrive early and discover Christchurch, the South Island’s remerging city. Explore pop up bars, cafes and restaurants and the exciting new city developments. The trip begins with a group welcome meeting at approximately 6pm.
Day 2 – Punakaiki
Leave the dry East Coast and cross the dividing range on the way to the lush, green West Coast. Watch as the countryside changes radically to reveal deep blue rivers springing from the steep mountainsides. (B)
Days 3 and 4 – Franz Josef Glacier
Sit back and relax on a breathtaking drive along the coast, passing forests, lakes and hidden beaches. Arrive in Franz Josef and choose from an array of optional activities such as a guided hike across a glacier, kayaking, taking a spin on a quad bike or enjoying unrivalled views of the region on a scenic flight (optional and own expense). (Bx1)
Days 5 to 9 – Queenstown and Doubtful sound
Soak up mountain vistas, meandering rivers and glassy lakes while travelling to Queenstown. Be sure to have space on your camera’s memory card as there'll be countless photo opportunities along the way. Queenstown will spoil you for choice as the undisputed adventure capital of New Zealand. Jet boat, bungee jump, paraglide and kayak before taking time out on the Skyline Gondola (all activities apart from the Gondola trip are at own expense). Take a break between adrenaline rushes as we drive through to Doubtful Sound to go aboard your overnight cruise boat for a fantastic trip through the fjords. This place is stunning with tall mountain peaks and waterfalls, truly one of the most spectacular places in the country (boat has four berth cabins, no upgrade available this night). (Bx3 Dx1)
Day 10 – Mount Cook
Be dwarfed by spectacular Aoraki (Mt Cook) which, at an impressive 3,754 m (12,316 ft), is the highest mountain in New Zealand. Explore meadows, lakes, streams and glaciers which shelter the world's only alpine parrot, the kea. (B)
Day 11 – Christchurch
Today we return back to Christchurch where it will be time to say farewell to new friends. Perhaps choose to celebrate the end of this South Island adventure with a group dinner! (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Jailhouse Hostel, Christchurch 7.30am day 2
Arrival location : Jailhouse Hostel Christchurch early evening day 11.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- 9 nights lodge style twin/double/single upgrade accommodation and 1 night overnight boat cruise. Please note there is no upgrade option on the overnight boat due to room restrictions, all rooms are quad share.
- 7 breakfasts and 1 dinner, other meals at own expense
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear
- warm clothing in winter, waterproof jacket
- water bottles
- insect repellent
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions and weather extremes. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Tour is operated by our tour partner Trek Tracks.
- Doubtful Sound overnight cruise is on Day 7, and may need to be substituted to a day boat tour on some winter departures (weather dependent).
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 20kg applies.