Enjoy the best that New Zealand has to offer with our 12 day North Island adventure.Try to spot sperm whales and dolphins in Kaikoura and even wandering albatrosses. Stay overnight on a boat cruise at the breathtaking Bay of Islands after spending time skiing at Mt Ruapehu during winter (own expense). Other highlights include Nelson, Taupo, Marlborough Sounds and the brilliant Huka Falls. You'll stay nine nights in a hotel, two in dorm share accommodation and one aboard the wildlife cruise.
Max Passengers: 15
AUD $2330.00EUR €1775.00GBP £1475.00
|Route||Christchurch to Auckland|
|Price (adult)||AUD $2330.00EUR €1775.00GBP £1475.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Christchurch
Begin in Christchurch explore this picturesque and welcoming city (activities optional and own expense).
Day 2 – Kaikoura
Head out to sea and spot whales off the coast of Kaikoura, a town famous for its fresh seafood.
Days 3 and 4 – Nelson
Bushwalking tracks among these gorgeous inlets and coves are just begging to be explored. It is also possible to fit in a spot of fishing, take a winery tour or perhaps just wander through the eclectic range of shops in Nelson.
Days 5 and 6 – Wellington
Enjoy a cruise through the spectacular Marlborough Sounds on a ferry between the North and South Island. Explore Wellington's buzzing cafe scene or ride a cable car to the Botanic Gardens, taking in spectacular views of the city and harbour.
Day 7 – Mt Ruapehu
Be inspired and captivated by the majesty of Mt Ruapehu. Perhaps hike the famous Tongariro Crossing track or take a different route through the lower forest. If feeling adventurous, activities like skiing and snowboarding are available during the winter months.
Day 8 – Taupo to Rotorua
Visit the spectacular Huka falls and take the opportunity to bungy or jet boat in Taupo - the North Island's home of extreme sports (own expense). Rotorua's geysers, bubbling mud pools and volcanic cliffs are shaped by seismic forces.
Day 9 – Waitomo
Discover Waitomo, which is famous for its limestone caves, glow worms and blackwater rafting - an unforgettable trip involving hiking and descending an underground river floating on an inner tube (own expense).
Days 10 and 11 – Bay of Islands
Explore the Bay of Islands on an overnight cruise that incorporates all the water activities, as well as plenty of time to soak up the stunning scenery and spot wildlife.
Day 12 – Auckland
The final leg of the North Island Tracks tour lands travellers in Auckland - enjoy crossing the harbour bridge with a great view of the 'City of Sails'.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Jailhouse Hostel, Christchurch 7.30am day 2
Arrival location : Kiwi International Hotel Auckland approx 8:00pm Day 12
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- 10 nights lodge style accommodation and 1 night overnight boat cruise.
- Meals are not included*
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- Swimming gear
- Hat & sunscreen
- Motion sickness tablets
- Water bottle
- Towel and toiletries
- Warm clothing and waterproof jacket,
- Insect repellent
- Money for meal kitty*
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions and weather extremes. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Tour is operated by our tour partner Trek Tracks New Zealand
- The Bay of Islands boat tour will be substituted May - September with another boat tour of equivalent value, quality and experience, which may or may not be overnight depending on availability and conditions.
- The overnight boat tour may need to be substituted to a day boat tour during winter departures.
- Adventure Tours reserve the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 20kg applies.
- *We operate an optional kitty on all New Zealand Explorer tours. Passengers are encouraged to contribute to a central fund which is used to buy groceries which then supply meals to the entire group. Passengers with special dietary requirements may prefer to opt out but can in most cases be catered for easily. The kitty is administered by the group and your leader will collect the food kitty payment NZ$15 per day. Food kitty money will cover most meals. Some nights the group may decide to eat out which is extra (approx. $15 – $25). We will provide all cooking equipment and everyone will take turns in the buying, preparation and cooking of group meals.