Enjoy the best that New Zealand has to offer with our 12 day North Island adventure.Try to spot sperm whales and dolphins in Kaikoura and even wandering albatrosses. Stay overnight on a boat cruise at the breathtaking Bay of Islands after spending time skiing at Mt Ruapehu during winter (own expense). Other highlights include Nelson, Taupo, Marlborough Sounds and the brilliant Huka Falls. You'll stay nine nights in a hotel, two in dorm share accommodation and one aboard the wildlife cruise.
Max Passengers: 15
AUD $2140.00EUR €1490.00GBP £1280.00
|Route||Christchurch to Auckland|
|Price (adult)||AUD $2140.00EUR €1490.00GBP £1280.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Christchurch
Begin in Christchurch explore this picturesque and welcoming city (activities optional and ownexpense). The trip begins with a group welcome meeting at approximately 6:30pm.
Day 2 – Kaikoura
Departing Christchurch, we head out to sea and spot whales off the coast of Kaikoura, a townfamous for its fresh seafood and marine life.
Days 3 and 4 – Nelson
Today we journey to Nelson, in the heart of wine making country. Bushwalking tracks amongthese gorgeous inlets and coves are just begging to be explored. It is also possible to fit in aspot of fishing, take a winery tour or perhaps just wander through the eclectic range of shopsin Nelson.
Days 5 and 6 – Wellington
Enjoy a cruise through the spectacular Marlborough Sounds on a ferry between the North andSouth Island. Explore Wellington's buzzing cafe scene or ride a cable car to the BotanicGardens, taking in spectacular views of the city and harbour.Day 7 – Mt RuapehuToday we visit the impressive Mt Ruapehu. Perhaps hike the famous Tongariro Crossing trackor take a different route through the lower forest. If you’re feeling adventurous, activities likeskiing and snowboarding are available during the winter months.
Day 8 – Taupo to Rotorua
Marvel at Huka Falls and take the opportunity to bungee or jet boat in Taupo - the NorthIsland's home of extreme sports (own expense). Rotorua's geysers, bubbling mud pools andvolcanic cliffs are shaped by seismic forces.Day 9 – RotoruaDiscover Waitomo, famous for its limestone caves, glow worms and blackwater rafting. This isan unforgettable trip involving hiking and descending an underground river floating on an innertube (own expense).
Day 10 Waitomo - Bay of Islands
We leave Waitomo and drive north through fantastic scenery. There are beautiful beaches andunspoiled places to explore.
Day 11 Bay of IslandsThe Bay of Islands is one of New Zealand’s top holiday destinations. 144 islands in total, thisboating paradise enjoys a sub-tropical climate. Today we have a host of available activitiesincluding kayaking, a boat trip to the islands or just relaxing. Visit the village of Russell for alook into NZ´s interesting past.
Day 12 – Auckland
We make our way back South passing unspoiled beaches and lush forests. The final leg of ouradventure takes us to Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city. Enjoy crossing the harbour bridgewith a great view of the 'City of Sails'.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Jailhouse Hostel, Christchurch 7.30am day 2
Arrival location : Kiwi International Hotel Auckland approx 8:00pm Day 12
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- 11 nights multi share or lodge style accommodation
- Meals are not included*
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- Swimming gear
- Hat & sunscreen
- Motion sickness tablets
- Water bottle
- Towel and toiletries
- Warm clothing and waterproof jacket,
- Insect repellent
- Money for meal kitty*
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonalconditions and weather extremes. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must bepresented to tour guide before departure.
- Tour is operated by our tour partner Trek Tracks.
- Adventure Tours reserve the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior totour departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietaryrequirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 20kg applies.
- *We operate an optional kitty on all New Zealand Explorer tours. Passengers areencouraged to contribute to a central fund which is used to buy groceries which thensupply meals to the entire group. Passengers with special dietary requirements mayprefer to opt out but can in most cases be catered for easily. The kitty is administered bythe group and your leader will collect the food kitty payment NZ$15 per day. Food kittymoney will cover most meals. Some nights the group may decide to eat out which is extra(approx. $15 – $25). We will provide all cooking equipment and everyone will take turns inthe buying, preparation and cooking of group meals.