Enjoy the best that New Zealand has to offer with our 12 day North Island adventure.Try to spot sperm whales and dolphins in Kaikoura and even wandering albatrosses. Other highlights include the Bay of Islands, Nelson, Taupo, Marlborough Sounds and the brilliant Huka Falls.
Max Passengers: 15
AUD $3660.00EUR €2645.00GBP £1915.00
|Route||Christchurch to Auckland|
|Price (adult)||AUD $3795.00EUR €2680.00GBP £1970.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Christchurch
Begin in Christchurch explore this picturesque and welcoming city (activities optional and own expense). The trip begins with a group welcome meeting at approximately 6:00pm.
Tour Departs From: Breakfree Christchurch, 7.30am day 2
Day 2 – Kaikoura
Departing Christchurch, we head out to sea and spot whales off the coast of Kaikoura, a town famous for its fresh seafood and marine life. (B)
Days 3 and 4 – Nelson
Today we journey to Nelson, in the heart of wine making country. Bushwalking tracks among these gorgeous inlets and coves are just begging to be explored. It is also possible to fit in a spot of fishing, take a winery tour or perhaps just wander through the eclectic range of shops in Nelson. (B)
Days 5 and 6 – Wellington
Enjoy a cruise through the spectacular Marlborough Sounds on a ferry between the North and South Island. Explore Wellington's buzzing cafe scene or ride a cable car to the Botanic Gardens, taking in spectacular views of the city and harbour. (B)
Day 7 – Mt Ruapehu
Today we visit the impressive Mt Ruapehu. Perhaps hike the famous Tongariro Crossing track or take a different route through the lower forest. If you’re feeling adventurous, activities like skiing and snowboarding are available during the winter months. (BD)
Day 8 – Taupo to Rotorua
Marvel at Huka Falls and take the opportunity to bungee or jet boat in Taupo - the North Island's home of extreme sports (own expense). Rotorua's geysers, bubbling mud pools and volcanic cliffs are shaped by seismic forces. (B)
Day 9 – Rotorua
Discover Waitomo, famous for its limestone caves, glow worms and blackwater rafting. This is an unforgettable trip involving hiking and descending an underground river floating on an inner tube (own expense). (B)
Day: 10 Waitomo - Bay of Islands
We leave Waitomo and drive north through fantastic scenery. There are beautiful beaches and unspoiled places to explore. (B)
Day: 11 Bay of Islands
The Bay of Islands is one of New Zealand’s top holiday destinations. 144 islands in total, this boating paradise enjoys a sub-tropical climate. Today we have a host of available activities including kayaking, a boat trip to the islands or just relaxing. Visit the village of Russell for a look into NZ´s interesting past.
Day 12 – Auckland
We make our way back South passing unspoiled beaches and lush forests. The final leg of our adventure takes us to Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city. Enjoy crossing the harbour bridge with a great view of the 'City of Sails'. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Breakfree Christchurch, 7.30am day 2
Arrival location : Kiwi International Hotel, 411 Queen St Auckland, early evening day 12
- Experienced guide
- 9 breakfasts and 2 dinner
- 11 nights lodge style twin/double, or upgrade to single available for additional cost.
- 1 night overnight boat cruise. Please note upgrade rooms are not available on the cruise due to room restrictions, all rooms are quad share.
- All accommodation has ensuite bathrooms apart from Christchurch. Accommodation locations may change throughout the season.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear
- warm clothing in winter, waterproof jacket
- water bottles
- insect repellent
• Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
• Tour is operated by our tour partner Trek Tracks.
• Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
• A STRICT luggage limit of 20kg applies.
• It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.
• B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.