Join us on this three day safari as we take you into the heart of the Aussie outback - the Red Centre of Uluru. Jump on a camel's back for a ride at an outback camel farm and watch the sunset over Uluru with a glass of sparkling wine. You'll be sleeping in permanent outback Safari tents - the ultimate in bush luxury. Your tour guide will also take you to the beautiful Kings Canyon and Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) before concluding in Alice Springs on day three.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $695.00EUR €490.00GBP £405.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Alice Springs, Uluru (Ayers Rock)|
|Price (adult)||AUD $695.00EUR €490.00GBP £405.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs):Aurora Alice Springs, 06:05am
Starting in Alice Springs, we set off to experience the wonder of the iconic Uluru. We make a stop at an authentic outback camel farm and for those that are keen there is the option to go for a short ride on the back of one of these desert animals (at your own expense). Continue on to the permanent campsite at Yulara for lunch before embarking to explore the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta, getting up close to this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. As the sun begins to disappear below the horizon, take a glass of sparkling wine and watch the rock's rich colours change against the backdrop of a blazing Red Centre sunset. This is the perfect end to a remarkable day. Your tour host will have dinner and a glass of wine awaiting your arrival back at camp. (LD)
Day 2 – Kata Tjuta to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning's fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. Deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people during a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).^ It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, and to connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 –Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Discover the Lost City and the Garden of Eden on a 6km hike in Kings Canyon. Admire and explore the towering walls and crevices of Watarrka National Park. The photo opportunities are endless in Kings Canyon so be sure to bring your camera. At the end of the trek it's time to refuel with a bite to eat before making the journey back to the remote centre of Alice Springs. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Alice Springs select accommodation from 5:45am, DEFAULT PICK UP: Aurora Alice Springs at 06:05am
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening Day 3.
This trip departs daily all year round
- MALA Indigenous Aboriginal experience
- Twin share safari accommodation (including proper beds, linen, pillow, towel, light and a fan)
- Experienced tour guide and host
- Meals as indicated
- National park entry
- Accommodation transfers
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- national park entry
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
• Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
• ^Where an Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours/Intrepid guide will lead the cultural walk.
• ^^ Please note pick up times from Ayers Rock Resort vary at different times of the year due to daylight savings and flight time changes. Please contact our Reservations team for further information. The free Yulara Airport Shuttle is available from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the shuttle out the front of the airport once luggage has been collected. Lunch is not included on Day 1.
• Children aged 8-12 are eligible for a 10% off child rate. Must quote promo code 10699 at time of booking.
• This tour is often combined with the Explorer style trip that runs on the same itinerary (PAR3/PAR3Y). This means you may travel with people who will stay in standard, non-Safari style tents.
• Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
• A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies. Excess should remain in storage at your Alice Springs accommodation (PAY3C).
• It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.
• From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40's. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. In July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
• The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.
• B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.