We'll take you to the heart of the Red Centre on this four day tour camping in the outback. Starting at Alice Springs, this tour checks off all the must-see sites in the area, including: Glen Helen, Gosse Bluff, Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), Kings Canyon, Mereenie Loop Track, Ormistorn Gorge, Palm Valley, Western MacDonnell Ranges and of course Uluru itself. You'll also experience an Uluru cultural experience and see the sun rise over the great rock. This tour has the lot!
Max Passengers: 16
AUD $795.00EUR €555.00GBP £475.00
|Route||Alice Springs , Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $795.00EUR €555.00GBP £475.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs): Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Ayers Rock): Ayers Rock Airport at 1pm, or Desert Gardens Hotel 1:10pm**
Welcome to the Outback! Our first stop is the Outback Camel Farm where you can see the world from the top of a camel if you choose to take a ride (own expense). Next we travel to the Ayers Rock Resort for your first glimpse of Uluru, located in the heart of the Red Centre. After lunch, we explore fascinating Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) on a guided walk through the Valley of the Winds. We make it back in time for an enthralling desert sunset at Uluru. After dinner, curl up in your permanent tent or try sleeping in a swag (Aussie bedroll) and watch the stars come out to play in the darkening sky. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
Sunrise over Uluru is magical and it’s an early start to catch it. While the morning’s fresh (and your legs are too) enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you take a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter)*. It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Glen Helen
There’s a lot to explore at Kings Canyon and we check out the Amphitheatre, Lost City, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden and the sheer outcrops of the North and South walls. After lunch, we travel along the well known Mereenie Loop Track (also called the Red Centre Way). We pass the 140 million year old meteorite crater, Gosse Bluff as we travel towards Glen Helen where we camp tonight nestled at the western end of the MacDonnell Ranges. (BLD)
Day 4 – Glen Helen to Alice Springs
During a morning hike you will discover the spectacular geological features of Ormiston Gorge and spot for wallabies and other wildlife. Then we travel along the 4WD tracks of the Finke River to access the remarkable scenery of Palm Valley and Cycad Gorge, exploring what was once a prehistoric inland sea. Keep your eyes out for the Livistonia Mariae, a tropical palm and one of the rarest trees in the world. The spectacular Western MacDonnell Ranges will continue to impress you all the way back to Alice Springs. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:45am - Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 06:10am. OR Ayers Rock Airport at 1pm/Desert Gardens Hotel at 1:10pm (depends on flight arrival time, please see notes for details)**
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening day 4
Year round: Mon, Sat
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced tour guide
- National Park entry
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- Permanent campsites including twin share tents, camping fees and equipment
- Aboriginal cultural interpretive walk*
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Warm clothing in winter
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
** Pick ups from Ayers Rock:
Lunch will be included on Day 1 for all passengers.
Qantas QF1851, 0950am – pick up from Desert Gardens Hotel at 1310 (catch airport shuttle). This 1310 pick up will not be available for any other flight, and so may not operate all days.
Virgin VA1627, 1145am – pick up is from Ayers Rock Airport at 1300 (do not catch shuttle)
Jetstar JQ660, 1235pm – pick up is from Ayers Rock Airport at 1300 (do not catch shuttle)
Qantas QF1941, 1450pm – no pick up available.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies. Excess baggage should remain at your Alice Springs accommodation.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- * Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.