We'll take you to the heart of the Red Centre on this four day tour camping in the outback. Starting at Alice Springs, this tour checks off all the must-see sites in the area, including: Glen Helen, Gosse Bluff, Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), Kings Canyon, Mereenie Loop Track, Ormistorn Gorge, Palm Valley, Western MacDonnell Ranges and of course Uluru itself. You'll also experience an Uluru cultural experience and see the sun rise over the great rock. This tour has the lot! This tour departs from Yulara/ Ayers Rock. To view the Alice Springs departure of the same tour, click here.
Max Passengers: 16
AUD $795.00EUR €555.00GBP £475.00
|Route||Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $795.00EUR €555.00GBP £475.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP: Desert Gardens Hotel, 1:45pm**
Explore fascinating Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) on a guided walk through the Valley of the Winds. We make it back in time for an enthralling desert sunset at Uluru. After dinner, curl up in your permanent tent or try sleeping in a swag (Aussie bedroll) and watch the stars come out to play. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
It’s an early start to catch the sunrise over Uluru, but it’s worth definitely worth the effort. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. Deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you take a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter)*. It’s a unique opportunity to share experiences, connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Glen Helen
There’s a lot to explore at Kings Canyon as we check out the Amphitheatre, Lost City, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden and the sheer outcrops of the North and South walls. After lunch, we travel along the well-known Mereenie Loop Track (also called the Red Centre Way). We camp overnight in Glen Helen located in the Western MacDonnell National Park. Here we can enjoy the stunning surrounds by taking a dip in the permanent nearby waterhole or a relaxing beer at the outback bar overlooking the Finke River. (BLD)
Day 4 – Western MacDonnell National Park to Alice Springs
During a morning hike you will discover the geological features of Ormiston Gorge and spot for wallabies and other wildlife. We then visit Hermannsburg - a mission and Aboriginal community famous for its Aboriginal art and crafts. Here we learn about the life of renowned Indigenous artist Albert Namatjira. It’s then time for some adventure as we hit the 4WD tracks of the Finke River to access the remarkable scenery of Palm Valley and Cycad Gorge, exploring what was once a prehistoric inland sea. While the going is slow, this is 4-wheel driving at its best (and bumpiest). Keep your eyes out for the Livistonia Mariae, a tropical palm and one of the rarest trees in the world. Enjoy the stunning scenery of the West MacDonnell Range as we make our way back to Alice Springs. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort at 1:45pm**
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening Day 4
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced tour guide
- National Park entry
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- Permanent campsites including twin share tents, camping fees and equipment
- Aboriginal cultural interpretive walk*
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Warm clothing in winter
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- ** Please note pick up times from Ayers Rock Resort do vary at different times of the year due to daylight savings and flight time changes. Please contact our customer service team for further information. The Yulara Airport Shuttle (free) is available to catch from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the shuttle out the front of the airport once luggage has been collected. Lunch is not included on Day 1.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own with you or pre purchase a sleeping bag from us.
- Children aged 8-12 are eligible for a 10% off child rate. Must quote promo code 10699 at time of booking.
- From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme outside temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. Conversely, in July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies. Excess baggage should be stored at your Alice Springs accommodation.
- Tour may commence in either Alice Springs or Yulara, however, must finish in Alice Springs.