Admire ancient Aboriginal artwork in the spectacular Red Centre where Uluru takes pride of place. Discover Aboriginal culture and learn the history of the area and the native people from your guide. This tour will let you experience and hike the Valley of the Winds, Wallace Rockhole, Standley Chasm, Western MacDonnell Ranges and the Mereenie Loop Track. You'll sleep in permanent tents and have a true Aussie experience watching the Uluru sunrise.
Max Passengers: 23
AUD $895.00EUR €620.00GBP £535.00
|Route||Alice Springs , Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $895.00EUR €620.00GBP £535.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs): Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Ayers Rock): Ayers Rock Airport at 1pm, or Desert Gardens Hotel 1:10pm**
From busy Alice Springs, set off to experience the wonder of ancient Uluru. Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm and for those who are keen, there is the option to go for a short ride on one of these desert animals (at own expense). Continue on to the permanent campsite at Yulara and enjoy a tasty lunch before exploring the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta. You’ll get up close to the majestic features of this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. Finally, as the sun begins to disappear below the horizon, grab a glass of sparkling wine and watch the rock's rich colours change against the backdrop of a blazing Red Centre sunset. This is the perfect end to a remarkable day. Your camp host will have a lovely dinner and a glass of wine awaiting your arrival back at camp. (LD)
Day 2 – Kata Tjuta to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with a beautiful Uluru sunrise. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people on a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences and to connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Glen Helen
There’s a lot to explore at Kings Canyon as we check out the Amphitheatre, Lost City, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden and the sheer outcrops of the North and South walls. After lunch, we travel along the well-known Mereenie Loop Track (also called the Red Centre Way), travelling through the sands of the Red Centre to our camp at Glen Helen in the Western MacDonnell National Park. Unwind with a beer in the outback bar overlooking the Finke River or take a dip in the permanent nearby waterhole. (BLD)
Day 4 – Western MacDonnell National Park to Alice Springs
Look out for wallabies and other wildlife during a morning hike and discover the spectacular geological features of Ormiston Gorge. Then we visit Hermannsburg - a mission and Aboriginal community famous for its Aboriginal art and crafts. Here we learn about the life of renowned Indigenous artist Albert Namatjira. Feeling adventurous? It’s time to hit the 4WD tracks of the Finke River to access the remarkable scenery of Palm Valley and Cycad Gorge, exploring what was once a prehistoric inland sea. While the going is slow, this is 4-wheel driving at its best (and bumpiest). Keep your eyes out for the Livistonia Mariae, a tropical palm and one of the rarest trees in the world. Enjoy the stunning scenery of the West MacDonnell Range as we make our way back to Alice Springs. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Alice Springs select accommodation from 5:45am (Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 06:10am). OR Ayers Rock Airport at 1pm/Desert Gardens Hotel at 1:10pm (depends on flight arrival time, please see notes for details)**
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening day 4.
Tour Departs: Year round: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Twin share safari tents (including proper beds, linen, pillows, towels & fans)
- National park entrance fees
- Experienced tour guide and host***
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- Aboriginal cultural interpretive walk*
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
** Pick ups from Ayers Rock:
Lunch will be included on Day 1 for all passengers.
Qantas QF1851, 0950am – pick up from Desert Gardens Hotel at 1310 (catch airport shuttle). This 1310 pick up will not be available for any other flight, and so may not operate all days.
Virgin VA1627, 1145am – pick up is from Ayers Rock Airport at 1300 (do not catch shuttle)
Jetstar JQ660, 1235pm – pick up is from Ayers Rock Airport at 1300 (do not catch shuttle)
Qantas QF1941, 1450pm – no pick up available.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Intrepid Connections.
- Tour may commence in either Alice Springs or Uluru, however, must finish in Alice Springs.
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- *** A host will accompany the groups on nights 1 and 2 of the tour, on night 3 there will be a catered meal at Glen Helen.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.
- Tours must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phoning 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies. Excess baggage should remain at your Alice Springs accommodation.