We'll take you to the heart of the Red Centre on this four day tour camping in the outback. Starting at Alice Springs, this tour checks off all the must-see sites in the area, including: Gosse Bluff, Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), Kings Canyon,Ormistorn Gorge, Western MacDonnell Ranges and of course Uluru itself. You'll also experience an Uluru cultural experience and see the sun rise over the great rock. This tour has the lot!. To see the Alice Springs departure of the same tour, click here.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $895.00EUR €615.00GBP £515.00
|Route||Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $895.00EUR €615.00GBP £515.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs):Aurora Alice Springs, 06:05am
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Ayers Rock): Desert Gardens Hotel, 1:45pm^^
From busy Alice Springs, set off to experience the wonder of ancient Uluru. Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm and there is the option to go for a short ride on one of these desert animals (at own expense). Continue on to the permanent campsite at Yulara and enjoy a tasty lunch before exploring the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta. You'll get up close to the majestic features of this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. Finally, as the sun begins to disappear below the horizon, grab a glass of sparkling wine and watch the rock's rich colours change against the backdrop of a blazing Red Centre sunset. This is the perfect end to a remarkable day. Your camp host will have a lovely dinner and a glass of wine awaiting your arrival back at camp. (LD)
Day 2 – Kata Tjuta to Kings CanyonAn early start is rewarded with a beautiful Uluru sunrise. While the morning's fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people on a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).^ It is a unique opportunity to share experiences and to connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon There’s a lot to explore at Kings Canyon as we check out the Amphitheatre, Lost City, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden and the sheer outcrops of the North and South walls. After lunch, we head back to Alice Springs where we settle in for the evening at our hotel. You may like to enjoy dinner in Alice Springs with your group tonight (own expense). Accommodation tonight is at the Diplomat Motel in Alice Springs. (BL)
Day 4 – Alice Springs to Western MacDonnell National ParkThe Red Centre's best kept secret, the Western MacDonnell Ranges will leave you awed at unsuspecting beauty that this part of the country holds. Start the morning fresh with a morning walk through the rainbow coloured walls of Ormiston Gorge and be awed by the contrasting colours the morning light casts on the cliff faces. Discover the breathtaking geological features of this hidden treasure, keep your eyes peeled for wallabies and other wildlife. Embrace the panoramic views of Ellery Creek and perhaps take a dip in the still waters of this magnificent hidden gem.
Keep your eyes out for the Livistonia Mariae, a tropical palm and one of the rarest trees in the world. Visit the world famous Simpsons Gap, a prominent place in Aboriginal communities around the area where dreamtime stories cross paths. To finish off your outback experience, what better cherry on top than enjoying the breathtaking colours of the Western Macdonnell Ranges transform under the setting sun on an optional hour-long sunset camel ride (own expense). (L)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort at 1:45pm**
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening day 4.
Apr, Sep-Nov & Jan-Mar: Mon Sat
May-Aug, Dec: Mon Thu Sat
Select Tuesday Departures:
Apr: 07 14 21 28, May: 05 26 Jul: 07 14 21 28, Aug: 18 25, Sep: 01 15 Oct: 06 13, Nov: 10 7, Dec: 15.
- Twin share safari accommodation (including proper beds, linen, pillows, towels & fans) for 2 nights, and one night Motel accommodation at the Diplomate Motel in Alice Springs.
- National park entrance fees
- Experienced tour guide and host
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
Select Tuesday Departures: Apr: 07 14 21 28, May: 05 26 Jul: 07 14 21 28, Aug: 18 25, Sep: 01 15 Oct: 06 13, Nov: 10 7, Dec: 15.
• Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
• Accommodation on night three is at the Diplomat Motel in Alice Springs. Please consider this when booking pre and post accommodation, particularly if you will be leaving luggage at your accommodation during the tour.
• ^Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours /Intrepid guide will lead the cultural walk.
• ^^ Please note pick up times from Ayers Rock Resort vary at different times of the year due to daylight savings and flight time changes. Please contact our Reservations team for further information. The free Yulara Airport Shuttle is available from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the shuttle out the front of the airport once luggage has been collected. Lunch is not included on Day 1.
• Sunset camel ride is at own expense, $60 for adults and $20 for children 14 and under. Your Leader will explain the optional activity in the morning and book for those who wish to participate. This activity can also be pre-booked through our Reservations team. Those passengers doing the sunset camel ride will be dropped back to Alice Springs accommodation by staff at Pyndan Camel Tracks shortly after the sunset ride concludes.
• You may be travelling with a different tour guide, group, and vehicle on day 4.
• This tour is often combined with the Explorer style trip that runs on the same itinerary (PAR4/PAR4Y). This means you may travel with people who will stay in standard, non-Safari style tents.
• Children aged 8-12 are eligible for a 10% off child rate. Must quote promo code 10699 at time of booking.
• Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
• A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies. Excess should remain in storage at your Alice Springs accommodation (PAY4C).
• It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure. Due to the nature of our trips food is basic but plentiful. We are able to cater for vegetarian and gluten free diets, but not for vegan diets due to the difficulty in sourcing this food remotely. Please bring your own staples such as bread and cereal if you require specific foods.
• From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40's. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. In July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
• The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.
• B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.