Guten tag! Join us on this three day safari as we take you into the heart of the Aussie outback - the Red Centre of Uluru. Sprichst du auch Deutsch? Perfekt! Your German speaking tour guide will take you on your Aussie adventure and will be able to explain to you in your native tongue the history and importance of this region to the local indigenous people. Jump on a camel’s back for a ride at an outback camel farm and watch the sunset over Uluru with a glass of sparkling wine. You’ll be sleeping in permanent outback Safari tents - the ultimate in bush luxury. Your tour guide will also take you to the beautiful Kings Canyon and Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). Wunderbar!
Max Passengers: 23
AUD $1135.00EUR €790.00GBP £680.00
|Route||Alice Springs , Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1135.00EUR €790.00GBP £680.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs): Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Ayers Rock): Ayers Rock Airport at 1pm, or Desert Gardens Hotel 1:10pm**
Starting in Alice Springs, we set off to experience the wonder of the iconic Uluru. We make a stop at an authentic outback camel farm and for those that are keen there is the option to go for a short ride on the back of one of these desert animals (at your own expense). Continue on to the permanent campsite at Yulara for lunch before embarking to explore the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta, getting up close to this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. As the sun begins to disappear below the horizon, take a glass of sparkling wine and watch the rock's rich colours change against the backdrop of a blazing Red Centre sunset. This is the perfect end to a remarkable day. Your tour host will have dinner and a glass of wine awaiting your arrival back at camp. (LD)
Day 2 – Kata Tjuta to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. Deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people during a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, and to connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 –Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Within the imposing Kings Canyon, discover the Lost City and the Garden of Eden on a 7km hike. Admire the towering walls, crevices and plateau of Watarrka National Park - there is something truly magical about this place. The photo opportunities are endless in Kings Canyon so be sure to bring a spare memory card. At the end of the trek it’s time to refuel with a bite to eat before making the journey back to the remote centre of Alice Springs. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Alice Springs select accommodation from 5:45am, Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 06:10am. OR Ayers Rock Airport at 1pm/Desert Gardens Hotel at 1:10pm (depends on flight arrival time, please see notes for details)**
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening day 3.
Tour departs: Year round Thu
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Twin share safari accommodation (including proper beds, linen, pillow, towel, light and a fan)
- Experienced German-speaking tour guide, and a host
- Meals as indicated
- National park entry
- Accommodation transfers
- Aboriginal cultural interpretive walk*
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- national park entry
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
** Pick ups from Ayers Rock:
Lunch will be included on Day 1 for all passengers.
Qantas QF1851, 0950am – pick up from Desert Gardens Hotel at 1310 (catch airport shuttle). This 1310 pick up will not be available for any other flight, and so may not operate all days.
Virgin VA1627, 1145am – pick up is from Ayers Rock Airport at 1300 (do not catch shuttle)
Jetstar JQ660, 1235pm – pick up is from Ayers Rock Airport at 1300 (do not catch shuttle)
Qantas QF1941, 1450pm – no pick up available.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Intrepid Connections.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Tour may commence in either Alice Springs or Uluru, however, must finish in Alice Springs
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.
- Tours must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phoning 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies. Excess baggage should remain at your Alice Springs accommodation.