Max Passengers: 23
AUD $1055.00EUR €805.00GBP £670.00
|Route||Alice Springs , Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1055.00EUR €805.00GBP £670.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Uluru
From busy Alice Springs, set off to experience the wonder of ancient Uluru. Make an unusual stop at an authentic outback camel farm and for those that are keen, there is the option to go for a short ride on one of these desert giants (at your own expense). Continue on to the permanent campsite at Yulara and enjoy a tasty lunch before embarking on an afternoon hike around magnificent Uluru. Traverse the perimeter of this majestic monolith, stopping to explore several ancient rock caves. Marvel at the sheer size and depth of colour that makes Uluru such an impressive sight. Finally, as the sun begins to disappear below the horizon, grab a glass of sparkling wine and watch the rock's rich colours change against the backdrop of a blazing Red Centre sunset. This is truly the perfect end to a remarkable day. (LD)
Day 2 – Kata Tjuta to Kings Canyon
Experience another memorable vista as day breaks over the rolling domes of Kata Tjuta. Get your walking shoes on next as it’s time for a 7km hike through the spectacular Valley of the Winds. Enroute to Kings Canyon, travel through the rolling red dunes that are the hallmark of Central Australia and where a host of optional activities awaits. Feast on a traditional camp oven dinner, straight from the coals of the fire and discover constellations in the clear desert sky. Then perhaps tell tall tales by firelight before drifting off to sleep amid the sounds of the incredible outback. (BLD)
Day 3 –Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Within the imposing Kings Canyon, discover the Lost City and the Garden of Eden on a 7km hike. Admire the towering walls, crevices and plateau of Watarrka National Park - there is something truly magical about this place. The photo opportunities are endless in Kings Canyon so be sure to bring a spare memory card. At the end of the trek it’s time to refuel with a bite to eat before making the journey back to the remote centre of Alice Springs. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: - Alice Springs select accommodation from 5:45am, or - Yulara Airport at 1:00pm*, or -Ayers Rock Resort at 1:45pm* (after lunch).
Arrival location: Alice Springs accommodation early evening day 3.
Tours depart: Year round Sat
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Twin share safari accommodation (including proper beds, linen, pillow, towel, light and a fan)
- Experienced French-speaking tour guide, and a host**
- Meals as indicated
- National park entry
- Accommodation transfers
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- national park entry
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Intrepid Connections.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies. Excess baggage should remain at your Alice Springs accommodation.
- Tour may commence in either Alice Springs or Uluru, however, must finish in Alice Springs
- *Flights must arrive at Yulara Airport no later than 1:25pm. Passengers arriving on flights after this time may forfeit day 1 afternoon activities.
- **A host will accompany the guide with a minimum of 8 passengers.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Tours must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phoning 1300 654 604 (within Australia).