Join us on this three day safari as we take you into the heart of the Aussie outback - the Red Centre of Uluru. Jump on a camel's back for a ride at an outback camel farm and watch the sunset over Uluru with a glass of sparkling wine. You'll be sleeping in permanent outback Safari tents - the ultimate in bush luxury. Your tour guide will also take you to the beautiful Kings Canyon and Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) before concluding in Alice Springs on day three. This trip also departs from Alice Springs, click here to view it.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $695.00EUR €485.00GBP £415.00
|Route||Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Alice Springs, Uluru (Ayers Rock)|
|Price (adult)||AUD $695.00EUR €485.00GBP £415.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Ayers Rock): Desert Gardens Hotel, 1:45pm**
Explore the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta, getting up close to this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. As the sun begins to disappear below the horizon, take a glass of sparkling wine and watch the rock's rich colours change against the backdrop of a blazing Red Centre sunset. This is the perfect end to a remarkable day. Your tour host will have dinner and a glass of wine awaiting your arrival back at camp. (LD)
Day 2 – Kata Tjuta to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. Deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people during a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, and to connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 –Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Discover the Lost City and the Garden of Eden on a 6km hike in Kings Canyon. Admire and explore the towering walls and crevices of Watarrka National Park. The photo opportunities are endless in Kings Canyon so be sure to bring your camera. At the end of the trek it’s time to refuel with a bite to eat before making the journey back to the remote centre of Alice Springs. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort at 1:45pm**
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening Day 3.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Twin share safari accommodation (including proper beds, linen, pillow, towel, light and a fan)
- Experienced tour guide and host*
- Meals as indicated
- National park entry
- Accommodation transfers
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- national park entry
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- *Where an Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- ** Please note pick up times from Ayers Rock Resort do vary at different times of the year due to daylight savings and flight time changes. Please contact our customer service team for further information. The Yulara Airport Shuttle (free) is available to catch from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the shuttle out the front of the airport once luggage has been collected. Lunch is not included on Day 1.
- Tour may commence in either Alice Springs or Yulara, however, must finish in Alice Springs.
- Children aged 8-12 are eligible for a 10% off child rate. Must quote promo code 10699 at time of booking.
- From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme outside temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. Conversely, in July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies. Excess baggage should be stored at your Alice Springs accommodation.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.