Jump in our 4WDs as we take you on an adventure that only these types of vehicles can access in the Top End as we leave from Darwin on this tour. Dust of your hiking shoes at Jim Jim Falls and be blown away by the beauty of this waterfall inside the Kakadu National Park. Followed by a visit to Litchfield National Park for a hiking experience you won't forget.
Max Passengers: 21
AUD $795.00EUR €560.00GBP £410.00
|Route||Darwin to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $795.00EUR €560.00GBP £410.00|
|Valid||01 April 2016 - 31 March 2017|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Mary River
DEFAULT PICK UP: Melaleuca on Mitchell, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am
Leaving Darwin, we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique 'Welcome to Country' by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan –Wulna people. They'll share with us their local Aboriginal culture with bush tucker talks, didgeridoo demonstrations, and basket weaving. Next stop is the Mary River wetlands system, with the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the southern hemisphere. Get close (but not too close) to 'salties' and other wild creatures on a unique billabong cruise. In the afternoon we head to Kakadu National Park, World Heritage listed for its stunning natural features and for being the centre of the world's oldest living culture. Our first stop is Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where a hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plunge pools. We overnight at our permanent campsite in Kakadu. (LD)
Day 2 – Mary River to Kakadu
Get ready for some 4WD action today as we make our way to Jim Jim Falls, the crown of Kakadu and certain to be one of our trip highlights. Once we get there, we'll take in the stunning views of this 200m natural wonder and enjoy some time for a swim or a rest on the pristine white sandy beach. After lunch we discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr. Here your guide will lead an interpretive cultural walk through the different rock art galleries before we climb to the top of a rocky lookout for fabulous views over the Nardab floodplain. Tonight we overnight in the Mary River region at our permanent camp. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu to Darwin
Filled with waterholes and waterfalls, Litchfield National Park is well deserving of all its hype and the perfect place to soak up the tranquility of the tropics. Exploring Litchfield is the perfect way to complete this tour, visiting Florence Falls, Wangi Falls and the Buley Rockholes. Enjoy a picnic lunch, stroll through steamy rainforests and cool off with a dip in one of Litchfield's picture perfect swimming holes. As with all good things, this Top End tour must come to an end. Hit the road and head back to Darwin to enjoy an optional night on the town toasting your adventure with new friends. (BL)
Seasonal itinerary changes
TROPICAL SUMMER ITINERARY (may apply in shoulder months; November / Dec - May)
Day 1 – Wildlife Cruise | Mamukala | Ubirr or Nouralangie |Overnight camp in Kakadu. (LD)
Day 2 – Gubara Pools | Nawurlandja lookout | Bowali Visitors Centre | Camp in Mary River Region (BLD)
Day 3 – Florence Falls | Bluey Rockholes | Wangi Falls | Return to Darwin (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Melaleuca on Mitchell Street 06:50am (52 Mitchell St, Darwin)
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening day 3.
If dates are not appearing through the 'book now' button, please email email@example.com
- Experienced tour guide
- National Park entry fee
- wildlife cruise
- Pudakul Aboriginal cultural experience
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- permanent campsites
- 2 nights camping fees and equipment
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- swimming gear
- hat & sunscreen
- water bottle (1.5L)
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased from us).
The relationship between ATA and Intrepid Australia
For over 25 years, Intrepid Travel and Adventure Tours Australia have been leading brands in the adventure travel business. With Intrepid's global product range and Adventure Tours' local knowledge, the two brands joined force in 2011 to provide the ultimate range of Australian product with Intrepid running all of it's local trips under the Adventure Tours Australia name. Today we're proud to bring Aussie-made trips to the world, both here with Adventure Tours and overseas through the Intrepid brand, so no matter which brand you have booked through, you're travelling with the best.
Passengers with special meal requirements or food allergies MUST ensure they or their travel agent inform Intrepid/ATA of this at the time of booking. Food for the trip is purchased prior to commencement and special requirements cannot be catered for after departing. If you have not notified us prior to departure, you may be asked to pay for any additional food yourself. Due to the nature of our trips food is basic but plentiful. We provide the below substitutes, please bring your own staples if you require specific foods not listed below:
No Pork (Alternative to Ham provided)
No Dairy (soy milk provided)
Vegetarian (additional veg and vegie burgers provided)
Vegan (supply of additional fruit and veg provided)
Gluten Free (cereal, bread, wraps, pasta, snack bars, sweet and savoury biscuits provided)
*Religious dietary requirements and specifically prepared/sourced produce is not able to be catered for.
• ^^Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Note that the opening dates of waterfalls (including Jim Jim Falls) and attractions vary each year and can change on a daily basis in the wet and shoulder seasons. Visit this website to see live updates on which areas of the park will be open: http://kakaduroadreport.wordpress.com/ or contact our Reservations team. Due to National Park rules and road laws, we cannot guarantee the opening of Jim Jim Falls and other attractions at any time. Alternative activities will be substituted at the tour guides' discretion, dependent on local conditions. Day 2 and 3 of this itinerary are subject to change order without notice. See terms and conditions of travel for full details.
• ^The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (approximately Apr-Oct) as site is subject to flooding (contact our Reservations team for availability). Participants may be absent due to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
• Children aged 8-12 are eligible for a 10% off child rate. Must quote promo code 10699 at time of booking.
• Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
• A STRICT luggage limit of 10kg in a soft bag applies. Excess should remain in storage at your Darwin accommodation.
• This tour requires a sleeping bag in the shoulder months of May and October. You may bring your own or pre-purchase a sleeping bag from us. During the warmer months a linen pack will be provided with a set of sheets; this should be sufficient.
• From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40's. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. Please come prepared for all extremes.
• The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.
• B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.