Max Passengers: 16
AUD $965.00EUR €805.00GBP £650.00
|Route||Darwin to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $965.00EUR €805.00GBP £650.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Litchfield
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am
Kick off your five day adventure by checking out the waterfalls of Litchfield National Park. Enjoy lunch before heading to the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where birds aren’t the only wildlife to be seen. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on our river cruise! Our exclusive campsite in the Mary River Region is where we’ll stay tonight. (LD)
Day 2 – Mary River to Kakadu
Discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr and clamber to the top of a rocky lookout for fabulous views over the Nardab floodplain. Next it’s on to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where a short hike is rewarded with a swim in the plunge pools. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp in Kakadu National Park. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu National Park
Get ready for some 4WD action today because we’re off to Jim Jim Falls! Once we get there, we’ll hike to the base of this magnificent 200m natural wonder before continuing on to Twin Falls. Take in the beauty of the gorge on a national park operated boat and boardwalk experience. Stop in at the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre this afternoon to learn about local Indigenous culture. We get to our campsite at Gunlom just in time to see the vibrant colours of the tropical sunset take over the evening sky. (BLD)
Day 4 – Kakadu to Katherine Gorge
Climb to the top of Gunlom Falls this morning and marvel at the stunning views from the top! Next we head off to Edith Falls where you can cool down with another refreshing swim. Tonight we’ll be sleeping at our permanent campsite near Katherine Gorge. (BLD)
Day 5 – Katherine Gorge to Darwin
We spend the morning at the majestic Katherine Gorge in Nitmiluk National Park. Relax and enjoy the serenity. Want to see more? Take a cruise along the gorge or rent a canoe and paddle yourself downstream. These options are seasonal and at your own expense. After lunch we start our journey back to Darwin. (BL)
Seasonal itinerary changes
TROPICAL SUMMER ITINERARY (Nov/Dec – May)
Day 1 – Litchfield National Park | Overnight Mary River Permanent Camp. (LD)
Day 2 – Wildlife cruise | Ubirr | Gubara | Overnight Kakadu Permanent Camp. (BLD)
Day 3 – Gunlom/Motor Car Falls (seasonal) | Overnight Katherine Permanent Camp. (BLD)
Day 4 – Katherine Gorge | Hike to Southern/Northern Rockhole (seasonal) | Camp Katherine Permanent Camp. (BLD)
Day 5 – Edith Falls | Katherine Hot Springs (seasonal) | Return to Darwin. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location: Darwin accommodation early evening day 5.
Apr-Nov: Mon Fri
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced tour guide
- national park entrance fees
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- 4 nights camping fees & equipment
What to bring
- sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- swimming gear
- hat & sunscreen
- toiletries & towel
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for AUD$30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details at time of booking.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- A tropical summer itinerary applies for the Kakadu section of this tour between Nov/Dec – May.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 10kg applies for tours in Kakadu
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.