Bonjour! Jump in our 4WDs as we take you on a French-speaking adventure that only these types of vehicles can access in the Top End as we leave from Darwin on this tour. Relax at Jim Jim Falls and be blown away by the beauty of this waterfall inside the Kakadu National Park. Dust of your hiking shoes as we're going into Litchfield National Park for a hiking experience you won't forget. Sleep under the stars in a tent or opt for the Aussie swag (bedroll).
Max Passengers: 16
AUD $1065.00EUR €740.00GBP £635.00
|Route||Darwin to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1065.00EUR €740.00GBP £635.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Mary River
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
Leaving Darwin, we journey south to the beautiful Litchfield National Park where we visit the stunning waterfalls that flow all year round. Take a refreshing swim and enjoy lunch before we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique 'Welcome to Country' by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan –Wulna people. They'll share with us their local Aboriginal culture with bush tucker talks, didgeridoo lessons, basket weaving and spear throwing.
We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where the exotic birds are not the only wildlife to see. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon river cruise! Climb into your sleeping bag for a wellearned rest at our secluded Mary River camping spot. (LD)
Day 2 – Mary River to Kakadu
Today we head to Kakadu National Park, World Heritage listed for its stunning natural features and for being the centre of the world's oldest living culture. Discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr before climbing to the top of a rocky lookout for fabulous views over the Nardab floodplain. Next we head to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where a hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plunge pools. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp in Kakadu National Park. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu to Darwin
Get ready for some 4WD action today as we make our way to Jim Jim Falls, the crown of Kakadu and certainto be one of our trip highlights. Once we get there, we’ll take in the stunning views of this 200m naturalwonder before continuing on to Twin Falls. See the beauty of the gorge and feel the powerful force of thewaterfalls from a national park operated boat and boardwalk experience. On the way back home, the scenery will continue to amaze you as we journey back to Darwin in the afternoon. (BL)
Seasonal itinerary changes
TROPICAL SUMMER ITINERARY (Nov/ Dec-May)
Day 1 – Litchfield National Park | Cathedral Termite Mounds | Overnight camp. (LD)
Day 2 – Mamukala Wetlands (seasonal) | Wildlife Cruise | Ubirr or Nourlangie Rock (seasonal) | Walk to Gubara Springs | Overnight camp Kakadu. (BLD)
Day 3 – Gunlom Falls or Motor Car Falls (seasonal) | Warradjan Culture Centre | Return to Darwin. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening day 3.
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced tour guide
- Aboriginal cultural experience*
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- permanent campsites
- 2 nights camping fees and equipment
UPGRADE TO SAFARI TENTS
Our SAFARI tents are designed for those wanting a comfortable but adventurous experience. Whilst not luxury accommodation (passengers have to walk to shared shower and toilet facilities), SAFARI tents are considerably more comfortable than our Explorer and Unleashed tour options in terms of facilities offered. SAFARI accommodation features twin share beds in spacious permanent tents with interior lights and fans. All linen, pillows and towels are provided. Please enquire with Reservations when booking for upgrades, for both twin and single options.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- swimming gear
- hat & sunscreen
- water bottle (1.5L)
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weatherextremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions of travel for fulldetails.• A tropical summer itinerary applies in Kakadu Nov/Dec-May.
- *The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) assite is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absentdue to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves theright to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 10kg applies on all Kakadu tours. Excess baggage should be stored at your Darwinaccommodation.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own with you or pre purchase a sleeping bag from us.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tourguide before departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements ormedical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point.Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hearfrom you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. Wewill not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you oryour travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.