The highlights of this trip include 4Wd adventures, learning about Aboriginal culture, visiting Gunlom Falls as well as the breathtaking Jim Jim Falls in Kakadu National Park. We visit Litchfield National Park as well as the beautiful Katherine Gorge. You’ll have the chance to go croc-spotting on a wildlife boat trip and you’ll sleep under the stars of the top end in either a tent or in a swag (Aussie bedroll). This tour starts and ends in Darwin and runs over five days and four nights. Your host will prepare meals for you along the way so you have more time to explore.
Max Passengers: 16
AUD $965.00EUR €670.00GBP £575.00
|Route||Darwin to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $965.00EUR €670.00GBP £575.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Kakadu
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
Leaving Darwin, we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by thetraditional owners of the land, the Limilngan –Wulna people. They’ll share with us their local Aboriginalculture with bush tucker talks, didgeridoo lessons, basket weaving and spear throwing. Next stop is the MaryRiver wetlands system, with the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the southern hemisphere.
Get close (but not too close) to ‘salties’ and other wild creatures on a unique billabong cruise. We arrive athistory rich Ubirr in time for sunset. You will see vivid Aboriginal rock art that dates back over 20,000 years.Then we head to our overnight camp in Kakadu. (LD)
Day 2 – Kakadu
It’s an early start this morning as we travel to Twin Falls, getting in some 4WD action along the way. Thespectacular gorge is experienced onboard a National Park operated boat cruise and a walk along theboardwalk. Unwind and relax for a bit on the sandy banks before we head to explore Jim Jim Falls. First wehave a quick lunch break and then take in the views of this 200m natural wonder before taking thechallenging walk to the base where you can choose to swim or relax on the beautiful beach. This is really asite to admire and not rush so we spend the whole afternoon enjoying the spectacular scenery andwaterholes before making the short drive to our overnight bush camp. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu to Katherine Gorge
With more amazing waterfalls to experience we head to Maguk and cool off with a dip in the plunge pools.After lunch we take a hike to the top of Gunlom Falls after working up a sweat on the climb your efforts arerewarded with a swim in a beautiful waterhole with breathtaking views of the escarpment country. Visit thehistoric gold-mining centre of Pine Creek before heading further south and settling in for the night at ourprivate campsite on the doorstep of Nitmuluk National Park. (BLD)
Day 4 –Katherine Gorge to Mt Bundy Station
We spend the morning at the majestic Katherine Gorge in Nitmiluk National Park. Relax and enjoy theserenity. Want to see more? Take a cruise along the gorge or rent a canoe and paddle yourself downstream.These options are seasonal and at your own expense. Next we head off to Edith Falls where you can cooldown with another refreshing swim. We camp for the night at Mt Bundy Station - once the largest cattlestation in the Top End and still an active working station. (BLD)
Day 5 – Litchfield to Darwin
Filled with waterholes and waterfalls, Litchfield National Park is well deserving of all its hype and the perfectplace to soak up the tranquility of the tropics. Exploring Litchfield is the perfect way to complete this tour,visiting Florence Falls, Wangi Falls and the Buley Rockholes. Enjoy a picnic lunch, stroll through steamyrainforests and cool off with a dip in one of Litchfield's picture perfect swimming holes. As with all goodthings, this Top End tour must come to an end. Hit the road and head back to Darwin to enjoy a night on thetown toasting your adventure with new friends. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening day 5.
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced tour guide
- national park entrance fees
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- 4 nights camping fees & equipment
What to bring
- sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- swimming gear
- hat & sunscreen
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for AUD$30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weatherextremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions of travel for fulldetails.
- *The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) assite is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absentdue to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves theright to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 10kg applies on all Kakadu tours. Excess baggage should be stored at your Darwinaccommodation.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own with you or pre purchase a sleeping bag from us.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tourguide before departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements ormedical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point.Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hearfrom you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. Wewill not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you oryour travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.