Jump in our 4WDs as we take you on an adventure that only these types of vehicles can access in the Top End as we leave from Darwin on this tour. Dust of your hiking shoes at Jim Jim Falls and be blown away by the beauty of this waterfall inside the Kakadu National Park. Followed by a visit to Litchfield National Park for a hiking experience you won't forget.
Max Passengers: 21
AUD $695.00GBP £400.00EUR €480.00
|Route||Darwin to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $695.00EUR €480.00GBP £400.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Mary River
DEFAULT PICK UP: Melaleuca on Mitchell, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am
Leaving Darwin, we journey south to the beautiful Litchfield National Park where we visit the stunning waterfalls that flow all year round. Take a refreshing swim and enjoy lunch before we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique 'Welcome to Country' by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan –Wulna people. They'll share with us their local Aboriginal culture with bush tucker talks, didgeridoo demonstrations, basket weaving and spear throwing^. We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River region, where the exotic birds are not the only wildlife to see. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon wildlife cruise! Climb into your sleeping bag for a well-earned rest at our secluded Mary River camping spot. (LD)
Day 2 – Mary River to Kakadu
Today we head to Kakadu National Park, World Heritage listed for its stunning natural features and for being the centre of the world's oldest living culture. Get ready for some 4WD action today as we make our way to Jim Jim Falls, the crown of Kakadu and certain to be one of our trip highlights. Once we get there, we'll take in the stunning views of this 200m natural wonder before continuing on to Twin Falls. (Twin and Jim Jim Falls not available year round; subject to seasonal availability^^). See the beauty of the gorge and admire the breathtaking waterfalls from a national park operated boat before your Guide takes you to on a boardwalk experience. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp at Kakadu National Park. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu to Darwin
Discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr before climbing to the top of a rocky lookout for fabulous views over the Nardab floodplain. Next we head to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where a hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plunge pools. On the way back home, the scenery will continue to amaze you as we journey back to Darwin in the afternoon. (BL)
Seasonal itinerary changes
TROPICAL SUMMER ITINERARY (applies from November to May)
Day 1 – Litchfield National Park | Cathedral Termite Mounds | Wildlife cruise |Overnight camp. (LD)
Day 2 – Mamukala Wetlands (seasonal)| Ubirr or Nourlangie Rock (seasonal) | Walk to Gubara Springs | Overnight camp Kakadu. (BLD)
Day 3 – Gunlom Falls or Motor Car Falls (seasonal) | Warradjan Culture Centre | Return to Darwin. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Melaleuca on Mitchell Street 06:50am (52 Mitchell St, Darwin)
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening day 3.
Apr-May, Oct-Mar: Tue, Thu, Fri & Sun (excl 31 Mar)
- Experienced tour guide
- National Park entry fee
- wildlife cruise
- Pudakul Aboriginal cultural experience
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- permanent campsites
- 2 nights camping fees and equipment
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- swimming gear
- hat & sunscreen
- water bottle (1.5L)
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
• ^^Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Note that the opening dates of waterfalls (including Twin and Jim Jim Falls) and attractions vary each year and can change on a daily basis in the wet and shoulder seasons. Visit this website to see live updates on which areas of the park will be open: http://kakaduroadreport.wordpress.com/ or contact our Reservations team. Due to National Park rules and road laws, we cannot guarantee the opening of Twin and Jim Jim Falls and other attractions at any time. Alternative activities will be substituted at the tour guides' discretion, dependent on local conditions. Day 2 and 3 of this itinerary are subject to change order without notice. See terms and conditions of travel for full details.
• ^The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (approximately Apr-Oct) as site is subject to flooding (contact our Reservations team for availability). Participants may be absent due to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
• This tour is often combined with the Safari style trip that runs on the same itinerary (PNTY3C). This means you may travel with people who will stay in upgraded Safari-style tents.
• Children aged 8-12 are eligible for a 10% off child rate. Must quote promo code 10699 at time of booking.
• This trip is operated by our trusted tour partner Kimberley Wild Expeditions.
• Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
• A STRICT luggage limit of 10kg in a soft bag applies. Excess should remain in storage at your Darwin accommodation.
• This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own or pre-purchase a sleeping bag from us.
• It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.
• From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40's. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. Please come prepared for all extremes.
• The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.
• B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.