Starting and ending in Darwin, this Safari tour will let you experience the highlights of Kakadu and Litchfield national parks all the while travelling and staying in the best that bush camping has to offer. Visit Ubirr and Pine Creek before taking a wildlife boat trip and see if you can spot a croc or two before settling down for the night sleeping under the stars. You’ll also get a taste of Aboriginal culture and Aboriginal rock art. Your host will provide meals for you along the way, giving you more time to explore.
Max Passengers: 16
AUD $735.00EUR €510.00GBP £440.00
|Route||Darwin to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $735.00EUR €510.00GBP £440.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Mary River
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
Leaving Darwin, our journey begins by travelling south to the beautiful Litchfield National Park where weexperience the breathtaking waterfalls that flow all year round. There’s time to take a swim and enjoy lunchbefore we continue onto Wulna Country where we receive a Cul Cul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by thetraditional owners of the land, the Limilngan –Wulna people.
Experience the local Aboriginal culture with bush tucker talks, learning to play the didgeridoo, basketweaving and spear throwing. We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where the exoticbirds are not the only wildlife to see. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon river cruise! After afun and activity filled day, you’ll enjoy a well-earned rest at out Mary River camping spot. (LD)
Day 2 – Mary River to Kakadu
Today we head to Kakadu National Park, World Heritage listed for its stunning natural features and for beingthe centre of the world's oldest living culture. Discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr before climbing tothe top of a rocky lookout for fabulous views over the Nardab floodplain. Don’t forget to bring your camera!Next we head to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where the hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plungepools. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp in Kakadu National Park. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu to Darwin
Get ready for some 4WD adventure action today as we make our way to Jim Jim Falls, the crown of Kakadu.You’ll need a moment to take in the stunning views of the 200m natural wonder before we continue on toTwin Falls. See the beauty of the stunning gorge and feel the powerful falls from a national park operated boat and boardwalk experience. The scenery will continue to amaze you as we journey back to Darwin in theafternoon. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/ 52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening day 3.
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Two nights twin share safari accommodation (including proper beds, linen, pillows, towels and fans)
- experienced tour guide
- meals as indicated
- national park entrance fee
- option of Katherine Gorge cruise/canoe
- wine with evening meals
- accommodation transfers
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- swimming gear
- hat and sunscreen
- water bottle
- insect repellent and camera.
- • Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weatherextremes, traditional owner and national park requirements.
- See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guidebefore departure.
- *The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) assite is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absent dueto cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right toamend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- **A host will accompany the guide with a minimum of 8 passengers.
- French Translation tours require a minimum of 4 passengers.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements ormedical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pickup point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do nothear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on thisdocument. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receivenotification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriatetime.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 10kg applies for all tours in Kaka National Park. Please arrange storage of excessluggage at your Darwin accommodation.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.