Bonjour! Comment allez-vous? Starting and ending in Darwin, this Safari French speaking tour will let you experience the highlights of Kakadu and Litchfield national parks all the while travelling and staying in the best that bush camping has to offer. Visit Ubirr and Pine Creek before taking a wildlife boat trip and see if you can spot a croc or two before settling down for the night sleeping under the stars. Your host will provide meals for you along the way as well as translating in French.
Max Passengers: 16
AUD $1175.00EUR €815.00GBP £705.00
|Route||Darwin to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1175.00EUR €815.00GBP £705.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Mary River
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
Leaving Darwin, our journey begins by travelling south to the beautiful Litchfield National Park where weexperience the breathtaking waterfalls that flow all year round. There’s time to take a swim and enjoy lunchbefore we continue onto Wulna Country where we receive a Cul Cul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by thetraditional owners of the land, the Limilngan –Wulna people.
Experience the local Aboriginal culture with bush tucker talks, learning to play the didgeridoo, basketweaving and spear throwing. We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where the exoticbirds are not the only wildlife to see. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon river cruise! After afun and activity filled day, you’ll enjoy a well-earned rest at out Mary River camping spot. (LD)
Day 2 – Mary River to Kakadu
Today we head to Kakadu National Park, World Heritage listed for its stunning natural features and for beingthe centre of the world's oldest living culture. Discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr before climbing tothe top of a rocky lookout for fabulous views over the Nardab floodplain. Don’t forget to bring your camera!Next we head to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where the hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plungepools. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp in Kakadu National Park. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu to Darwin
Get ready for some 4WD adventure action today as we make our way to Jim Jim Falls, the crown of Kakadu.You’ll need a moment to take in the stunning views of the 200m natural wonder before we continue on toTwin Falls. (Twin and Jim Jim Falls not available year round; subject to seasonal availability*). See the beauty of the stunning gorge and feel the powerful falls from a national park operated boat and boardwalk experience. The scenery will continue to amaze you as we journey back to Darwin in theafternoon. (BL)
TROPICAL SUMMER ITINERARY (Nov/ Dec-May)
Day 1 – LitchfieldNational Park | Cathedral Termite Mounds | Overnight camp. (LD)
Day 2 – Mamukala Wetlands (seasonal) | Wildlife Cruise | Ubirr or Nourlangie Rock (seasonal) | Walk to Gubara Springs | Overnight camp Kakadu. (BLD)
Day 3 – GunlomFalls or Motor Car Falls (seasonal) | Warradjan Culture Centre | Return to Darwin. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/ 52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening day 3.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Two nights twin share safari accommodation (including proper beds, linen, pillows, towels and fans)
- experienced French-speaking tour guide
- meals as indicated
- national park entrance fee
- wine with evening meals
- accommodation transfers
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- swimming gear
- hat and sunscreen
- water bottle
- insect repellent and camera.
- *Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. Note that the opening dates of waterfalls (including Twin and Jim Jim Falls) and attractions vary each year and can change on a daily basis in the wet and shoulder seasons. Visit this website to see live updates on which areas of the park will be open, or contact our Reservations team: http://kakaduroadreport.wordpress.com/ Due to National Park rules and road laws, we cannot guarantee the opening of Twin and Jim Jim Falls and other attractions at any time. Alternative activities will be substituted at the tour guides' discretion, dependant on local conditions. See terms and conditions for full details.
- A tropical summer itinerary applies in Kakadu Nov/Dec-May.
- *The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) as site is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absent due to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- **A host will accompany the guide with a minimum of 8 passengers.
- French Translation tours require a minimum of 4 passengers.
- From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme outside temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated.
- Children aged 8-12 are eligible for a 10% off child rate. Must quote promo code 10699 at time of booking.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 10kg applies for all tours in Kaka National Park. Please arrange storage of excess luggage at your Darwin accommodation.