Starting and ending in Darwin, this Safari tour will let you experience the highlights of Kakadu and Katherine Gorge all the while travelling and staying in the best that bush camping has to offer. Visit Ubirr and Pine Creek before taking a wildlife boat trip and see if you can spot a croc or two before settling down for the night sleeping under the stars. You’ll also get a taste of Aboriginal culture and Aboriginal rock art. Your host will provide meals for you along the way, giving you more time to explore.
Max Passengers: 15
AUD $925.00EUR €695.00GBP £590.00
|Route||Darwin to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $925.00EUR €695.00GBP £590.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Kakadu National Park
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am
Leaving the relaxed harbour city of Darwin behind, we journey to World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park. Covering more than 20,000sq km, Kakadu is a vast expanse of lush wetlands, rock art and unique ecosystems that has captured the imagination of explorers and artists alike. Discover the park's ancient secrets and get up close and personal with native Kakadu flora and fauna. Enjoy a spot of crocodile watching on a relaxing cruise through the park's peaceful byways before taking in views from ancient Ubirr Rock. Admire the fascinating Indigenous rock art and hear stories of the Creation Time. Overnight in Kakadu. (LD)
Day 2 – Kakadu National Park to Katherine
After breakfast, head out to explore more of Kakadu and take an energising walk to Twin Falls before heading south to Pine Creek to learn of its colourful gold-rush past. After lunch we make our way to Springvale Homestead to relax on the banks of the Katherine River. Look out for wallabies that are often spotted hopping around near camp and fall asleep under the bright outback sky. Overnight in Katherine. (BLD)
Day 3 – Katherine Gorge to Darwin
Rise early to maximise time spent exploring Katherine Gorge. Formed by the Katherine River flowing from Arnhem Land out to the sea, this natural wonder is one of the Northern Territory’s most striking features. Take a leisurely two-hour cruise along the river's tranquil waters or, for the more energetic, choose to paddle out on a canoeing adventure. The waters are cool and clear, and the dramatic sandstone backdrop of Katherine Gorge is jaw-dropping. Enjoy a visit to the picturesque Edith Falls on the return to Darwin and celebrate a memorable outback tour with new found friends. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/ 52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening day 3.
Apr – Jun: Mon Wed Fri Sat
Jul – Aug: Daily
Sep – Oct: Mon Wed Fri Sat
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Two nights twin share safari accommodation (including proper beds, linen, pillows, towels and fans)
- experienced tour guide
- meals as indicated
- national park entrance fee
- option of Katherine Gorge cruise/canoe
- wine with evening meals
- on-board host to prepare meals**
- accommodation transfers
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- swimming gear
- hat and sunscreen
- water bottle
- insect repellent and camera.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements.
- See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- **A host will accompany the guide with a minimum of 8 passengers.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Intrepid Connections.
- Tours must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 10kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.