Max Passengers: 15
AUD $1395.00EUR €1065.00GBP £885.00
|Route||Darwin to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1395.00EUR €1065.00GBP £885.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Kakadu National Park
With a colourful blend of frontier charm and a cosmopolitan attitude, Darwin is an exciting launch pad for our 4 Day 4WD Top End Safari. After an early start from the tropical capital, venture deep into the wilderness of Kakadu National Park, crossing a landscape steeped in ancient history and learning how Indigenous tradition and culture has been maintained through the ages. Travel to Ubirr Rock to witness one of Australia’s finest Aboriginal rock art collections, and admire 360-degree views of the region. Then, keep eyes peeled and cameras ready on a cruise down the river. Try and spot the crocodiles patrolling the waters. Be captivated by the ever-changing terrain and untamed natural beauty of Kakadu. Overnight in Kakadu. (LD)
Day 2 – Kakadu National Park to Katherine
After breakfast, head out to explore more of the Kakadu wetlands and take an energising walk to Twin Falls. Head south to the historic gold-mining centre of Pine Creek and settle in for the night at the historic Springvale Homestead camp. Fall asleep listening to the chatter of the outback night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Katherine Gorge to Mt Bundy Station
Depending on the season, embark on a cruise along the tranquil waters of Katherine Gorge or take the chance to head out by canoe and peer up at rock walls that reach up to 70 m high. Formed by the Katherine River flowing from Arnhem Land to the Timor Sea, this 23 million-year-old natural marvel is truly breathtaking. Later in the day, head north across the sun baked outback, stopping for another refreshing dip along the way - this time by the cascading Edith Falls. We camp for the night at the remote Mt Bundy Station - once the largest cattle station in the Top End. Enjoy some classic Northern Territory treats for dinner, perhaps feasting on juicy kangaroo steak. (BLD)
Day 4 – Litchfield National Park to Darwin
Filled with waterholes and waterfalls, Litchfield National Park is well deserving of all its hype and the perfect place to soak up the tranquillity of the tropics. Exploring Litchfield is the perfect way to complete this tour, visiting Florence Falls, Wangi Falls and the Buley Rockholes. Enjoy a picnic lunch, stroll through steamy rainforests and cool off with a dip in one of Litchfield's picture-perfect swimming holes. As with all good things, this Top End tour must come to an end. Hit the road and head back to Darwin to enjoy a night on the town toasting your adventure with new friends. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Darwin select accommodation from 07:00 am
Arrival location: Darwin accommodation early evening day 4
- Twin share safari accommodation (including proper beds, linen, pillows, towels & fans)
- experienced tour guide and host**
- meals as indicated
- national park fees
- accommodation transfers
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- swimming gear
- hat & sunscreen
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions (including the opening and closing of Twin Falls and other natural attractions), weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Intrepid Connections.
- **A host will accompany the guide with a minimum of 8 passengers.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 10kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).