Max Passengers: 16
AUD $545.00EUR €455.00GBP £365.00
|Route||Darwin to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $545.00EUR €455.00GBP £365.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Mary River
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am
We start the day by checking out the waterfalls of Litchfield National Park with the option of a refreshing swim. Enjoy lunch before heading to the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where birds aren’t the only abundant wildlife. Keep your eyes peeled for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon river cruise! We stay overnight at our bush campsite in the Mary River region. (LD)
Day 2 – Mary River to Kakadu
Discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr before we climb to the top of a rocky lookout for some fabulous views of the Nardab floodplain. Next we head to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where a hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plunge pools. You’ll be asleep in no time once we reach our overnight bush camp in Kakadu. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu to Darwin
Get ready for some 4WD action today as we make our way to Jim Jim Falls! Hike to the base of this 200m high natural wonder and grab some photos before we continue on to Twin Falls. Experience the beauty of the stunning gorge and falls from a national park operated boat tour and boardwalk experience. In the afternoon we stop in at the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre to learn about local Indigenous culture. The impressive scenery will continue to amaze you as we make our journey back to Darwin. (BL)
Seasonal itinerary changes
TROPICAL SUMMER ITINERARY (Nov/Dec-May)
Day 1 – Litchfield National Park | Cathedral Termite Mounds | Overnight camp. (LD)
Day 2 – Mamukala Wetlands (seasonal) | Wildlife Cruise | Ubirr or Nourlangie Rock (seasonal) | Walk to Gubara Springs | Overnight camp Kakadu. (BLD)
Day 3 – Gunlom Falls | Motor Car Falls (Seasonal) | Warradjan Culture Centre | Return to Darwin. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location: Darwin accommodation evening day 3.
Apr - Jun: Mon*, Thu, Sat
Jul - Oct: Mon*, Wed, Thu, Sat
Nov - Mar: Mon*
*Departures noted with an asterix are for 18 – 39 year olds only
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced tour guide
- national park entrance fees
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- 2 nights camping fees & equipment
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high
- hat & sunscreen
- towel & toiletries
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for AUD $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Tours departing on a Monday are limited to active 18-39 year olds. All other departures are open-aged.
- A tropical summer itinerary applies to the Kakadu section of this tour between Nov/Dec – May
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 10kg applies on this Kakadu tour.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.