Explore areas that can only be accessed by 4WDs like the magnificent Jim Jim Falls in Kakadu National Park. Spend the night bush camping under the stars and sharing stories around the campfire. You'll also take home some insight into Aboriginal culture and way of life. The tour starts in Darwin and ends in Darwin early evening on day three.
Max Passengers: 16
AUD $495.00EUR €345.00GBP £295.00
|Route||Darwin to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $495.00EUR €345.00GBP £295.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Kakadu
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
Leaving Darwin, we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique 'Welcome to Country' by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan –Wulna people. They'll share with us their local Aboriginal culture with bush tucker talks, didgeridoo lessons, basket weaving and spear throwing. Next stop is the Mary River wetlands system, with the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the southern hemisphere.
Get close (but not too close) to 'salties' and other wild creatures on a unique billabong cruise. We arrive at Ubirr in time for sunset where you'll see vivid Aboriginal rock art that dates back over 20,000 years. Then we head to our overnight camp in Kakadu. (LD)
Day 2 – Kakadu
It's an early start this morning as we take some 4WD action to Twin Falls. Experience a gorge onboard a National Park operated boat cruise and a walk along the boardwalk. Unwind and relax for a bit on the sandy banks before we explore the awesome wonder that is Jim Jim Falls. First we have a quick lunch break and then take in the views of this 200m natural wonder before taking the challenging walk to the base where you can choose to swim or relax on the beautiful beach. This is really a site to admire and not rush so we spend the whole afternoon enjoying the scenery and waterholes before making the short drive to our overnight bush camp. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu to Darwin
With more amazing waterfalls to experience we head to Maguk and cool off with a dip in the plunge pools. After lunch we take a hike to the top of Gunlom Falls for the view. After working up a sweat on the climb take a swim in a waterhole with breathtaking views of the escarpment country. Continue to enjoy the scene
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation evening day 3.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced tour guide
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- 2 nights camping fees & equipment
- Aboriginal cultural experience
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high
- hat & sunscreen
- towel & toiletries
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for AUD $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions (including the opening and closing of Twin and Jim Jim Falls and other natural attractions), weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own with you or pre purchase a sleeping bag from us.
- *The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) as site is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absent due to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme outside temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 10kg applies on all Kakadu tours. Excess baggage should be stored at your Darwin accommodation.