Need to fit in as much of central Australia as you can in a short amount of time? This tour will take you quicksmart from the Red Centre (Alice Springs) down to Adelaide without missing a beat. Known as the Opal Capital of the World, Coober Pedy is one of our stop offs on this overnight tour where you’ll spend the night before continuing the journey to South Australia’s capital, Adelaide. We’ll drop you off at Adelaide accommodation early in the evening in time to see what the nightlife has in store.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $195.00EUR €135.00GBP £115.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $195.00EUR €135.00GBP £115.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Coober Pedy
DEFAULT PICK UP: Haven Backpacker Resort, 07:30am
An early departure this morning as we make our way to Coober Pedy, crossing the Northern Territory/South Australian border. We take a break at the outback town of Marla, where you have a chance to purchase some lunch (own expense) and stretch your legs. Our next stop is Coober Pedy, ‘the Opal Capital of the World’. Upon arrival your guide will give you a tour of this unique town, before visiting an underground mine and museum where we enjoy a guided tour. You will also have a chance to purchase some of the stunning opal jewellery produced from the mine. Tonight stay overnight in a unique underground bunkhouse in Coober Pedy.
Day 2 – Coober Pedy - Adelaide
After breakfast we continue the journey south along the Stuart Highway and stop at some of the salt lakes of Central Australia for an interesting photo opportunity. We pass by the ‘rocket-launching’ town of Woomera — part of a former military test site. Next we make our way to Port Augusta where we stop to enjoy lunch (own expense). We’re on the home stretch now leaving the vast open outback plains behind us, we make our way into South Australia’s capital city Adelaide. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 7:00am. Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 07:30am
Arrival location : Select Adelaide accommodation early evening day 2
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- 1 night hostel accommodation with share facilities
- Opal mine tour
What to bring
- Hat and sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Warm clothing in winter
- Please note this is an express tour with limited stops between Alice Springs and Adelaide
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any reason including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 6041300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure