Watch the sunset over Uluru with a glass of sparkling wine in your hand as you take in the wonder of the Red Centre before snuggling into your swag (Aussie bedroll) for the night or opt for a permanent tent instead. Wake up to the Uluru sunrise before we take you to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) on our Valley of the Winds hike. You’ll also have the chance to jump on a camel’s back for a ride around the outback as well as an unforgettable Uluru cultural experience learning about Aboriginal history and Aboriginal art from the local Anangu community. The tour finishes at Ayers Rock Resort around midday.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $405.00EUR €335.00GBP £270.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Uluru (Ayers Rock)|
|Price (adult)||AUD $405.00EUR €335.00GBP £270.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Leaving Alice Springs, our first stop is an outback camel farm where you can choose to ride atop one of these desert giants (at own expense). From here it is off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch before making the journey to one of the Red Centre’s greatest treasures: Kata Tjuta. Get up close to the majestic features of this ancient geological formation during a hike through the beautiful Valley of the Winds. Your busy first day ends with an unforgettable desert sunset at Uluru. As the night grows darker, curl up in your permanent tent or enjoy the option of a swag (Aussie bedroll) and experience a night under the outback stars. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru
Rise early and be rewarded with a spectacular Uluru sunrise. While the morning is fresh (and your legs are too!) enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you take a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Uluru Cultural Centre before finishing your tour at Ayers Rock Resort. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:45am. Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 06:10am.
Arrival location : Ayers Rock Resort 12:00pm (midday). Please note tour can ONLY finish at Ayers Rock. Flights must depart after 1:00pm.
Year round: Daily
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
Experienced tour guide
National Park entry
Meals as indicated
Camping fees and equipment
Aboriginal cultural interpretive walk*
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- warm clothing in winter
- 1.5L water bottle
- insect repellent
- travel pillow
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted due to seasonal conditions, weather extremes, Traditional Owner and national park requirements.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Tour finishes at Ayers Rock Resort. Passengers flying out from Uluru must depart on/after 1.00pm.