Watch the sunset over Uluru as you take in the wonder of the Red Centre before snuggling into your swag (Aussie bedroll) for the night or opt for a permanent tent instead. Wake up to the Uluru sunrise before we take you to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) on our Valley of the Winds hike. You’ll also have the chance to jump on a camel’s back for a ride around the outback as well as an unforgettable Uluru cultural experience learning about Aboriginal history and Aboriginal art from the local Anangu community. The tour finishes at Ayers Rock Resort around midday.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $355.00EUR €245.00GBP £210.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Uluru (Ayers Rock)|
|Price (adult)||AUD $355.00EUR €245.00GBP £210.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP: YHA Alice Springs 06:05am
Leaving Alice Springs, we make our way to an outback camel farm where you can choose to take a ride on one of their backs (own expense). From here it is off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch before making the journey to Kata Tjuta.
Get up close to this ancient geological formation during a hike through the beautiful Valley of the Winds. Your busy first day ends with an unforgettable desert sunset at Uluru. As the night grows darker, curl up in your permanent tent or enjoy sleeping in a swag (Aussie bedroll) and experience a night under the outback stars. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru
An early start will be rewarded with a spectacular Uluru sunrise. While the morning is fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru before gaining an insight into the local Aboriginal culture from your guide. You will then have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Uluru Cultural Centre before finishing your tour at Ayers Rock Resort. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:45am. Default pick up: YHA Alice Springs at 06:05am
Arrival location : Ayers Rock Resort 12:00pm (midday). Please note tour can ONLY finish at Ayers Rock. Flights must depart after 1:30pm.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
Experienced tour guide
National Park entry
Meals as indicated
Camping fees and equipment
Aboriginal cultural interpretive walk*
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- travel pillow
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Outgoing flights must be booked to depart Ayers Rock Airport after 130pm on day two. Transfers for earlier flights are not possible.
- Itineraries may also vary and/or attractions substituted due to other seasonal conditions, traditional owner and national park requirements.
- From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme outside temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. Conversely, in July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own with you or pre purchase a sleeping bag from us.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies in a soft bag or backpack
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.