Max Passengers: 48
AUD $250.00EUR €210.00GBP £170.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $250.00EUR €210.00GBP £170.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs – Devils Marbles
DEFAULT PICK UP LOCATION: Haven Backpacker Resort, 11:00am
Leaving Alice we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we have some time to explore the well known marble shaped granite boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. Continuing north we make a stop at Tennant Creek for your chance to purchase some dinner and stretch your legs, before we make the overnight journey to Katherine.
Day 2 – Katherine Gorge to Darwin
An early morning stop in Katherine gives you the chance to purchase breakfast before we arrive at Nitmiluk National Park, home to Katherine Gorge. Here you will have the chance to take an optional 2 hour breakfast cruise through the first 2 gorges (own expense and seasonal, Apr-Nov). You are in for a treat because early morning is the perfect time to experience and photograph the gorge in all its glory. If you’re looking for something more adventurous our guide will lead a short return walk to Baruwei lookout allowing you to get a nice postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we drive the last leg into Darwin arriving around 1:00pm with the afternoon free to explore the Northern Territory’s capital city.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Select Alice Springs accommodation from 10:45am. Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 11:00am.
Arrival location: Darwin accommodation around 1:00pm day 2
Tour Departs: All Year: Wed (Excluding 3 Apr 2013)
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Two experienced guide/drivers
- accommodation transfers
- comfortable coach
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- all your luggage for the journey.
- Please note this is an express overnight coach tour with limited stops between Darwin and Alice Springs.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and National Park requirements.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies
- Please note that cruise at Katherine Gorge is seasonal and may not be available during the wet season.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.