Max Passengers: 24
AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £175.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £175.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs – Devils Marbles
DEFAULT PICK UP LOCATION: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Leaving Alice we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we explore the well-known marble shaped granite boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. Continuing north we make a stop at TennantCreek for your chance to purchase some lunch (own expense) and stretch your legs before we continue to Daly Waters for our overnight camp located right near the NT’s famous Daly Waters Outback Hotel. Here you have an opportunity to check out thisfamous pub, enjoy a swim in the pool, have a cool drink and purchase some of the local fare for Dinner (own expense). Overnight dorm at Daly Waters pub.
Day 2 – Katherine Gorge to Darwin
After an early morning start as we make our way to Nitmiluk National Park, home to Katherine Gorge and Edith Falls. Your guide will lead a short return walk to Baruwei Lookout, allowing you to get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunningarea and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we have one final stop for a swim at the beautiful Edith
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 05:40am. Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 06:10am.
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening day 2
Tour Departs: All Year: Wed (Excluding 3 Apr 2013)
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide/driver
- one night dorm share accommodation
- accommodation transfers
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- money for meals
- Please note this trip has some long driving times between Alice Springs and Darwin. We recommend to bring a pillow, reading book, Ipod/MP3 player etc for personal entertainment on the long drives.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.