Jump on board as we make a connection between the Red Center (Alice Springs) and the Top End (Darwin) while still taking a moment to catch some great landmarks along the way. First we make a stop at the Devils Marbles (Karlu Karlu), an important indigenous site and then Tennant Creek before the overnight run up to Katherine Gorge and then concluding in Darwin in the early afternoon. The tour is over two days with accommodation in one of our overnight coaches.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £175.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £175.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Daly Waters
DEFAULT PICK UP LOCATION: YHA Alice Springs, 06:05am
Leaving Alice we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we explore the well-known marble shaped granite boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. Continuing north we make a stop at Tennant Creek for your chance to purchase some lunch and stretch your legs before we continue to Daly Waters for our overnight camp located right near the NT’s famous Daly Waters Outback Hotel. Here you have an opportunity to check out this famous pub, enjoy a swim in the pool, have a cool drink and purchase some of the local fare for Dinner. Overnight at our camp at Daly Waters.
Day 2 –Daly Waters to Darwin
After an early morning start as we make our way to Nitmiluk National Park, home to Katherine Gorge and Edith Falls. Your guide will lead a short return walk to Baruwei Lookout, allowing you to get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we have one final stop for a swim at the beautiful Edith Falls before we drive the last leg into the Northern Territory’s capital city, Darwin.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:40am. YHA Alice Springs at 06:05am.
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening day 2
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide/drivers
- accommodation transfers
- comfortable coach
- One night camping including fees and equipment
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements.
- Please note that some areas in Nitmiluk National Park are seasonal and may not be available during the wet season.
- From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme outside temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. Conversely, in July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own with you or pre purchase a sleeping bag from us.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.