Jump on board as we make a connection between the Red Center (Alice Springs) and the Top End (Darwin) while still taking a moment to catch some great landmarks along the way. First we make a stop at the Devils Marbles (Karlu Karlu), an important indigenous site and then Tennant Creek before visiting Katherine Gorge and then concluding in Darwin.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $325.00EUR €225.00GBP £185.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $325.00EUR €225.00GBP £185.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Daly Waters
DEFAULT PICK UP LOCATION: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Leaving Alice we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we explore the well-known marble shaped granite boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. Continuing north we make a stop at Tennant Creek for your chance to purchase some lunch and stretch your legs before we continue to Daly Waters for our overnight camp located right near the NT’s famous Daly Waters Outback Hotel. Here you have an opportunity to check out this famous pub, enjoy a swim in the pool, have a cool drink and purchase some of the local fare for dinner. Overnight at our camp at Daly Waters.
Day 2 –Daly Waters to Darwin
After an early morning start as we make our way toNitmilukNational Park, home to Katherine Gorge andEdithFalls. Your guide will lead a short return walk to Baruwei Lookout, allowing you to get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we have one final stop for a swim at the beautifulEdithFallsbefore we drive the last leg into theNorthern Territory’s capital city,Darwin.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:40am. Default: Haven Backpackers, 06:10am.
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening day 2
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced guide/drivers
- accommodation transfers
- air-conditioned vehicle
- One night camping including fees and equipment
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details. Some areas in Nitmiluk National Park are seasonal and may not be available during the wet season.
- This trip is designed to be an express between Alice Springs and Darwin and has a limited itinerary. The distance travelled is some 1,500km and involves a substantial amount of time on the vehicle.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own or pre- purchase a sleeping bag from us.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.
- From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. In July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
- The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent request an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.