Get out and experience the epic adventure of travelling North from Alice Springs to Darwin and exploring some fantastic parts of the Aussie outback along the way. From the magnificent natural wonder of Devil's Marbles (Karlu Karlu) and the Olgas (Kata Tjuta) this venture will expose you to Indigenous Australian culture and traditions while still letting you explore and get your hands dirty in the Red Centre.
Max Passengers: 24
EUR €625.00AUD $895.00GBP £520.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $895.00EUR €625.00GBP £520.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs): Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Kick off your adventure on top of a camel! Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm where you can choose to take a ride and experience the best in desert transport (at own expense). From here it is off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch. Explore the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta as you get up close to this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. Fall in love with the desert sun as it sets over Uluru. Tonight you can sleep in a permanent tent or curl up in swag (Aussie bedroll) and enjoy a night under the stars. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with the sunrise over Uluru. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you embark on a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, and to connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to see more Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the formations and rock faces of King’s Canyon. You will be left breathless by the sheer size and beauty of the canyon, as we trek through the Amphitheatre and discover the Lost City, the lush Garden of Eden, and the North and South Walls. Enjoy a well-deserved lunch before we make our way back to Alice Springs. Overnight dorm accommodation included. (BL)
Day 4 – Alice Springs to Daly Waters
PICK UP LOCATION: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Leaving Alice we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we explore the well-known marble shaped granite boulders,a site sacred to its traditional owners. Continuing north we makea stop at Tennant Creek for your chance to purchase some lunch and stretch your legs before we continue to Daly Waters for our overnight camp located right near the NT’s famous Daly Waters Outback Hotel. Here you have an opportunity to check out this famous pub, enjoya swim in the pool, have a cool drink and purchase some of the local fare for Dinner. Overnight at our camp at Daly Waters.
Day 5 –Daly Waters to Darwin
After an early morning start as we make our way toNitmilukNational Park, home to Katherine Gorge and Edith Falls. Your guide will leada short return walk to Baruwei Lookout, allowing you to get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we have one final stop fora swim at the beautiful Edith Falls before we drive the last leg into the Northern Territory’s capital city, Darwin.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:40am (default pick up Haven Backpackers at 06:10am)
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation evening day 5
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced guides
- National park entrance fee
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- Aboriginal culture interpretive walk*
- 3 nights camping fees and equipment and 1 night dorm accommodation with shared facilities (no upgrade available)
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Towel and toiletries
- Warm clothing in winter
- Insect repellent
- Travel pillow
- Sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
Pick up on departure day 1 is from Haven Backpackers at 06:10am if starting in Alice Springs, or The Desert Gardens Hotel in Yulara at 13:45 if starting from Yulara (check flight arrival times)
Darwin multishare accommodation is at The Melaleuca on Mitchell.
Pick up on departure day is from the Melaleuca on Mitchell Street at 06:50am.
• Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details. Some areas in Nitmiluk National Park are seasonal and may not be available during the wet season.
• *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours /Intrepid guide will lead the cultural walk.
• **Please note pick up times from Ayers Rock Resort vary at different times of the year due to daylight savings and flight time changes. Please contact our Reservations team for further information. The free Yulara Airport Shuttle is available from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the shuttle out the front of the airport once luggage has been collected. Lunch is not included on Day 1.
• Please note the journey between Alice Springs and Darwin is designed to be express and has a limited itinerary. The distance travelled is some 1,500km and involves a substantial amount of time on the vehicle.
• This package is made up of 2 separate tours, so you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section.
• Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
• A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
• This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own or pre-purchase a sleeping bag from us.
• It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure. Due to the nature of our trips food is basic but plentiful. We are able to cater for vegetarian and gluten free diets, but not for vegan diets due to the difficulty in sourcing this food remotely. Please bring your own staples such as bread and cereal if you require specific foods.
• From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40's. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. In July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
• The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.
• B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.