This five day tour will take your from the Red Centre of Alice Springs up to the capital of the Northern territory, Darwin. If you're after a 4WD adventure and a Top End Cultural Experience, this is the tour for you! Jammed packed with adventure you'll be able to take a swim at the beautiful Jim Jim Falls and journey into Kakadu National Park. Go crocodile searching on the water on a wildlife boat trip and spend your nights sleeping under the stars and sharing stories around a campfire. We'll drop you off in Darwin on the last day in the early afternoon.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $890.00EUR €740.00GBP £600.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $890.00EUR €740.00GBP £600.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs – Devils Marbles
DEFAULT PICK UP LOCATION: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Leaving Alice we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we explore the well-known marble shaped granite boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. Continuing north we make a stop at Tennant Creek for your chance to purchase some lunch (own expense) and stretch your legs before we continue to Daly Waters for our overnight camp located right near the NT’s famous Daly Waters Outback Hotel. Here you have an opportunity to check out this famous pub, enjoy a swim in the pool, have a cool drink and purchase some of the local fare for Dinner (own expense). Overnight dorm at Daly Waters pub.
Day 2 – Katherine Gorge to Darwin
After an early morning start as we make our way to Nitmiluk National Park, home to Katherine Gorge and Edith Falls. Your guide will lead a short return walk to Baruwei Lookout, allowing you to get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we have one final stop for a swim at the beautiful Edith Falls before we drive the last leg into the Northern Territory’s capital city, Darwin. Overnight dorm accommodation in Darwin.
Day 3 – Darwin to Litchfield National Park
PICK UP DAY 3: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
We start the day by checking out the cascading waterfalls of Litchfield National Park. Have some lunch before we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan – Wulna people. Experience the local Aboriginal culture including bush tucker talks, playing the didgeridoo, basket weaving and spear throwing. We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where the exotic birds are not the only wildlife to see. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon river cruise! Climb into your sleeping bag for a well earned rest at our secluded Mary River camping spot. (LD)
Day 4 – Mary River to Kakadu
Discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr, our first stop this morning in World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park. Clamber to the top of a rocky lookout for spectacular views over the Nardab floodplain. Next it’s on to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge), where a hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plunge pools. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp within Kakadu National Park. (BLD)
Day 5 – Kakadu to Darwin
We pass through some of the park’s ever changing terrain in our purpose built 4WD, as we make our way to iconic Jim Jim Falls! Once we get there, we’ll hike to the base of the falls before continuing on to Twin Falls. Feel the beauty of the stunning gorge and powerful falls from a Kakadu National Park operated boat and boardwalk experience. In the afternoon we drop into the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre to learn about local Indigenous culture. The impressive scenery will continue to amaze you as we journey back to Darwin in the afternoon. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 05:40am. Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 06:10am.
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening day 5.
Tour Departs: Year round: Wed
(Except 03 April 2013)
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced tour guide
- National Park entry fee
- Aboriginal cultural experience*
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- 2 nights’ camping fees and equipment, and 2 nights dorm accommodation with shared facilities
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Towel and toiletries
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Travel pillow
- Sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted due to seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- *The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) as site is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absent due to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- A tropical summer itinerary applies for Kakadu section Nov/Dec-May.
- Please note that cruise at Katherine Gorge is seasonal and may not be available during the wet season typically (Nov-Mar).
- This is a package tour, therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kgs applies from Alice Springs to Darwin, 10kgs in Kakadu.
- Please note this trip has some long driving times between Alice Springs and Darwin. We recommend to bring a pillow, reading book, Ipod/MP3 player etc for personal entertainment on the long drives.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604.