Max Passengers: 48
AUD $890.00EUR €740.00GBP £600.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $890.00EUR €740.00GBP £600.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs and Devils Marbles
DEFAULT PICK UP LOCATION: Haven Backpacker Resort, 11:00am
Leaving Alice Springs, we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu, otherwise known as the Devils Marbles. Take some time to explore and photograph the well known marble shaped granite boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. Our adventure continues with a stop at Tennant Creek to purchase some dinner and stretch your legs before we make the overnight journey to Katherine.
Day 2 – Katherine Gorge to Darwin
After a short early morning stop in Katherine we arrive at Nitmiluk National Park home to Katherine Gorge. There is the opportunity to take an optional 2 hour breakfast cruise through the first 2 gorges (own expense and seasonal Apr-Nov). The scenery is spectacular and early morning is the perfect time to experience and photograph the gorge in all its glory. If the cruise is not for you our guide will lead a short return walk to Baruwei lookout. Grab some photos of the pristine gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we make the drive into Darwin arriving around 1:00pm leaving the afternoon free for you to explore the Northern Territory’s capital city. Overnight dorm accommodation in Darwin.
Day 3 – Darwin to Litchfield National Park
PICK UP DAY 3: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am
We start the day by checking out the cascading waterfalls of Litchfield National Park. Have some lunch before we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan – Wulna people. Experience the local Aboriginal culture including bush tucker talks, playing the didgeridoo, basket weaving and spear throwing (cultural experience only available in the dry season). We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where the exotic birds are not the only wildlife to see. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon river cruise! Climb into your sleeping bag for a well earned rest at our secluded Mary River camping spot. (LD)
Day 4 – Mary River to Kakadu
Discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr, our first stop this morning in World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park. Clamber to the top of a rocky lookout for spectacular views over the Nardab floodplain. Next it’s on to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge), where a hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plunge pools. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp within Kakadu National Park. (BLD)
Day 5 – Kakadu to Darwin
We pass through some of the park’s ever changing terrain in our purpose built 4WD, as we make our way to iconic Jim Jim Falls! Once we get there, we’ll hike to the base of the falls before continuing on to Twin Falls. Feel the beauty of the stunning gorge and powerful falls from a Kakadu National Park operated boat and boardwalk experience. In the afternoon we drop into the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre to learn about local Indigenous culture. The impressive scenery will continue to amaze you as we journey back to Darwin in the afternoon. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Select Alice Springs accommodation from 10:45am. Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 11:00am.
Arrival location: Darwin accommodation early evening day 5.
Tour Departs: Year round: Wed
(Except 03 April 2013)
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced tour guides
- National Park entry fee
- Aboriginal cultural experience*
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- 2 nights’ camping fees and equipment, 1 night comfortable overnight coach and one night dorm accommodation in Darwin
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Towel and toiletries
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Travel pillow
- Sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted due to seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure
- A tropical summer itinerary applies for Kakadu section Nov/Dec-May
- Please note that cruise at Katherine Gorge is seasonal and may not be available during the wet season (typically Nov-Mar)
- This is a package tour, therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section
- Tour must be reconfirmed 24-48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kgs applies from Alice Springs to Darwin; 10kgs in Kakadu
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner