Max Passengers: 24
AUD $1425.00EUR €1185.00GBP £955.00
|Tour Style||Unleashed 18-39|
|Route||Alice Springs to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1425.00EUR €1185.00GBP £955.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kings Canyon
DEFAULT PICK UP: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Kick start your 10 day adventure with a camel ride at an outback camel farm (own expense) before making your way to Kings Canyon Resort for lunch. In the afternoon you hike the magnificent Kings Canyon, exploring the Amphitheatre, breathtaking North and South Walls, the Lost City, and Garden of Eden. After an outdoor dinner, enjoy sitting around the fire before star-gazing from the comfort of your swag (Aussie bedroll). (LD)
Day 2 – Kings Canyon to Uluru
Up early today as we make our way to the natural wonder that is Uluru. After lunch at our campground, we get up close and personal with the Rock as we walk a section of the base. You will then get an insight to the local Aboriginal culture from your guide before watching the desert sunset over Uluru. Time to fire up the BBQ for dinner. Stay overnight in swag (Aussie bedroll). (BLD)
Day 3 − Uluru to Alice Springs
Witness a magical Uluru sunrise then visit the Uluru Cultural Centre to further your insight into the amazing Anangu way of life. See Kata Tjuta and explore the magnificent features of this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. Enjoy some lunch before we make our journey back to Alice Springs. Overnight dorm accommodation in Alice Springs. (BL)
Day 4 - Alice Springs
Enjoy a free day to relax and enjoy Alice Springs (overnight dorm accommodation included; meals and activities at own expense).
Day 5 – Alice Springs to Banka Banka
PICK UP DAY 5: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Leaving Alice behind, pass by the Tropic of Capricorn then stop at the Barrow Creek Pub, home to a telegraph station, where you can catch a glimpse of what outback telecommunication used to be like. Precariously balanced on their rocky perch are Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles), a site sacred to its traditional owners. Last stop for today is our private campsite at Banka Banka Station where we stay for the night. (LD)
Day 6 – Banka Banka to Katherine Gorge
No visit to the Top End would be complete without a stop at the famed Daly Waters Pub, a classic outback roadhouse loved by travellers from around the globe. Mataranka lies in the heart of the never-never and you’ll feel a million miles from anywhere as you soak in the steamy thermal springs. As the day draws to a close, we reach our overnight camp near the stunning Katherine Gorge. (BLD)
Day 7 – Katherine Gorge to Darwin
The gorge is all yours this morning with a half day to spend canoeing or cruising (at own expense and seasonal) the spectacular waters. We’ll head to Darwin after a stop at idyllic Edith Falls. Overnight dorm accommodation in Darwin. (BL)
Day 8 − Darwin to Litchfield National Park
PICK UP DAY 8: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am
Begin the next leg of your adventure by checking out the waterfalls of Litchfield National Park, with the option of a refreshing swim. Enjoy lunch before heading to the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where birds aren’t the only abundant wildlife – enjoy a spot of crocodile watching on a river cruise. We overnight at our bush campsite in the Mary River region. (LD)
Day 9 − Mary River to Kakadu
Arriving in Kakadu, take time to explore the surrounds of this remarkable World Heritage listed site. Discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr before you climb to the top of a rocky lookout for beautiful views over the Nardab floodplain. Next we head to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where a hike is rewarded with a reviving dip in the plunge pools. You’ll be asleep in no time once we reach our overnight bush camp in Kakadu. (BLD)
Day 10 − Kakadu to Darwin
Rise early and jump in the 4WD as we make our way to iconic Jim Jim Falls! Once there, we’ll hike to the base of the majestic falls, before continuing on to Twin Falls. Feel the beauty of the stunning gorge and falls from the National Park operated boat and boardwalk experience. In the afternoon we stop in at the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre to learn about local Indigenous culture. The impressive scenery will continue to amaze you as we make our journey back to Darwin. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:40am. Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 06:10am.
Arrival location: Darwin accommodation early evening on day 10.
Tour Departs: Year round: Mon
This tour is for 18-39 year olds only.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced tour guides
- national park entrance fees
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- camping fees and equipment for 6 nights
- 3 nights of dorm accommodation with share facilities
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat and sunscreen
- water bottle
- towel and toiletries
- warm clothing in winter
- insect repellent
- travel pillow
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- This tour is limited to active 18-39 year olds only.
- A tropical summer itinerary applies for Kakadu section Nov/Dec-May and is available upon request.
- Package is made up of 3 tours therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies (10kg in Kakadu).
- Tour must be reconfirmed 24-48 hours prior to departure on 1300 654 604.
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.