This five day tour will take your from the Red Centre of Alice Springs up to the capital of the Northern territory, Darwin. If you're after a 4WD adventure and a Top End Cultural Experience, this is the tour for you! Jam packed with adventure you'll be able to take a swim at the beautiful Jim Jim Falls and journey into Kakadu National Park. Go crocodile searching on the water on a wildlife boat trip and spend your nights sleeping under the stars and sharing stories around a campfire. We'll drop you off in Darwin on the last day in the early afternoon.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $915.00EUR €635.00GBP £545.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $915.00EUR €635.00GBP £545.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Daly Waters
PICK UP LOCATION: YHA Alice Springs, 06:05am
Leaving Alice we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we explore the well-known marble shaped granite boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. Continuing north we make a stop at Tennant Creek for your chance to purchase some lunch and stretch your legs before we continue to Daly Waters for our overnight camp located right near the NT’s famous Daly Waters Outback Hotel. Here you have an opportunity to check out this famous pub, enjoy a swim in the pool, have a cool drink and purchase some of the local fare for Dinner. Overnight at our camp at Daly Waters.
Day 2 –Daly Waters to Darwin
After an early morning start as we make our way to Nitmiluk National Park, home to Katherine Gorge and Edith Falls. Your guide will lead a short return walk to Baruwei Lookout, allowing you to get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we have one final stop for a swim at the beautiful Edith Falls before we drive the last leg into the Northern Territory’s capital city, Darwin. Overnight dorm accommodation included.
Day 3 – Darwin to Mary River
PICK UP LOCATION: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
Leaving Darwin, we journey south to the beautiful Litchfield National Park where we visit the stunning waterfalls that flow all year round. Take a refreshing swim and enjoy lunch before we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan –Wulna people. They’ll share with us their local Aboriginal culture with bush tucker talks, didgeridoo lessons, basket weaving and spear throwing. We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where the exotic birds are not the only wildlife to see. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon river cruise! Climb into your sleeping bag for a well-earned rest at our secluded Mary River camping spot. (LD)
Day 4 – Mary River to Kakadu
Today we head to Kakadu National Park, World Heritage listed for its stunning natural features and for being the centre of the world's oldest living culture. Discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr before climbing to the top of a rocky lookout for fabulous views over the Nardab floodplain. Next we head to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where a hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plunge pools. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp in Kakadu National Park. (BLD)
Day 5 – Kakadu to Darwin
Get ready for some 4WD action today as we make our way to Jim Jim Falls, the crown of Kakadu and certain to be one of our trip highlights. Once we get there, we’ll take in the stunning views of this 200m natural wonder before continuing on to Twin Falls. See the beauty of the gorge and feel the powerful force of the waterfalls from a national park operated boat and boardwalk experience. On the way back home, the scenery will continue to amaze you as we journey back to Darwin in the afternoon. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:40am. Default pick up: YHA Alice Springs at 06:05am.
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening day 5.
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced tour guides
- National Park entry fee
- Aboriginal cultural experience*
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- 3 nights camping fees and equipment, and 1 night dorm accommodation
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Towel and toiletries
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Travel pillow
- Sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions (including the opening and closing of Twin and Jim Jim Falls and other natural attractions), weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag you may bring your own with you or pre purchase from us.
- *The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) as site is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absent due to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- A tropical summer itinerary applies in Kakadu Nov/Dec-May.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Package is made up of 2 separate tours therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies (10kg in Kakadu). Excess luggage can be stored in Darwin.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.