If you're after an Aussie adventure with other like-minded 18-39 year olds that will give you a full Territory experience, then we have the tour for you! Starting in Alice Springs we'll take you out to the Red Centre where you'll be able to explore Uluru, King's Canyon and and Kata Tjuta. Next stop is Darwin for more adventures in Katherine Gorge before heading to check out Litchfield National Park and Kakadu National Park, home to the unforgettable Jim Jim Falls. The nine nights will be split between dorm share accommodation (the nights) and six nights camping under the stars. This tour departs from Yulara/ Ayers Rock. To view the Alice Springs departure of the same trip, click here.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $1175.00EUR €815.00GBP £705.00
|Tour Style||Unleashed 18-39|
|Route||Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1175.00EUR €815.00GBP £705.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Ayers Rock): Desert Gardens Hotel, 1:45pm**
Kick off your adventure with a desert camel ride. Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm where you can choose to take a ride on a camel’s back (at own expense). From here it’s off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch. Take a close look at the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta as you get up close to this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. Get your camera ready as the desert sun sets over Uluru. Tonight you can curl up in a swag (Aussie bedroll) and enjoy a night under the outback stars. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru before gaining an insight to the local Aboriginal culture from your guide. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Alice SpringsGet your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the formations and towering rock faces of Kings Canyon. Discover the size and beauty of the canyon as we trek through the Amphitheatre, discover the Lost City, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden and the North and South Walls. After lunch we make our way back to Alice Springs. (BL)Day 4 – Alice SpringsEnjoy a free day to relax and explore Alice Springs (overnight dorm accommodation included; meals and activities at own expense).
Day 5 – Alice Springs to Daly Waters
PICK UP LOCATION: Toddy’s Backpackers, 06:05am
Leaving Alice we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we explore the well-known marble shaped granite boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. Continuing north we make a stop at Tennant Creek for your chance to purchase some lunch and stretch your legs before we continue to Daly Waters for our overnight camp located right near the NT’s famous Daly Waters Outback Hotel. Here you have an opportunity to check out this famous pub, enjoy a swim in the pool, have a cool drink and purchase some of the local fare for Dinner. We stay overnight at our camp at Daly Waters.
Day 6 –Daly Waters to Darwin
After an early morning start as we make our way to Nitmiluk National Park, home to Katherine Gorge and Edith Falls. Your guide will lead a short return walk to Baruwei Lookout, allowing you to get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we have one final stop for a swim at the beautiful Edith Falls before we drive the last leg into the Northern Territory’s capital city, Darwin.
Day 7 – Darwin to Mary River
PICK UP LOCATION: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
Leaving Darwin, we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan –Wulna people. They’ll share with us their local Aboriginal culture with bush tucker talks, didgeridoo lessons, basket weaving and spear throwing. Next stop is the Mary River wetlands system, with the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the southern hemisphere. Get close (but not too close) to ‘salties’ and other wild creatures on a unique billabong cruise. We arrive at Ubirr in time for sunset where you’ll see vivid Aboriginal rock art that dates back over 20,000 years. Then we head to our overnight camp in Kakadu. (LD)
Day 8 – Kakadu
It’s an early start this morning as we take some 4WD action to Twin Falls. Experience a gorge onboard a National Park operated boat cruise and a walk along the boardwalk. Unwind and relax for a bit on the sandy banks before we explore the awesome wonder that is Jim Jim Falls. First we have a quick lunch break and then take in the views of this 200m natural wonder before taking the challenging walk to the base where you can choose to swim or relax on the beautiful beach. This is really a site to admire and not rush so we spend the whole afternoon enjoying the scenery and waterholes before making the short drive to our overnight bush camp. (BLD)
Day 9 – Kakadu to Darwin
With more amazing waterfalls to experience we head to Maguk and cool off with a dip in the plunge pools. After lunch we take a hike to the top of Gunlom Falls for the view. After working up a sweat on the climb take a swim in a waterhole with breathtaking views of the escarpment country. Continue to enjoy the scenery as we make our way back to Darwin before enjoying a night out on the town with your new mates. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:40am. Default pick-up Toddy’s Backpackers at 05:45am.
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening on day 9.
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced tour guides
- national park entrance fees
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- camping fees and equipment for 5 nights
- 3 nights of dorm accommodation with share facilities
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat and sunscreen
- water bottle
- towel and toiletries
- warm clothing in winter
- insect repellent
- travel pillow
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- • ** Please note pick up times from Ayers Rock Resort do vary at different times of the year due to daylight savings and flight time changes. Please contact our customer service team for further information. The Yulara Airport Shuttle (free) is available to catch from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the shuttle out the front of the airport once luggage has been collected. Lunch is not included on Day One.• Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions (including the opening and closing of Twin and Jim Jim Falls and other natural attractions), weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own with you or pre purchase a sleeping bag from us.
- *The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) as site is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absent due to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.•
- Package is made up of three separate tours therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies (10kg in Kakadu). Excess luggage can be stored in Darwin.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner