Watch the sun set and rise over the spectacular Uluru on this three day tour of the Red Centre. This will also take you to the Kata Tjuta - Uluru’s pretty sister (also known as the Olgas to some) and then to King’s Canyon. You’ll be able to ride a camel through the outback at an Aussie camel farm before you head out on a short hike. This tour will also give you a great insight into the Aboriginal culture of this sacred area.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $355.00EUR €245.00GBP £210.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $355.00EUR €245.00GBP £210.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP: Toddy’s Backpackers, 05:45am
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Ayers Rock): Desert Gardens Hotel, 1:45pm**
Kick off your adventure with a desert camel ride. Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm where you can choose to take a ride on a camel’s back (at own expense). From here it’s off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch. Take a close look at the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta as you get up close to this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. Get your camera ready as the desert sun sets over Uluru. Tonight you can curl up in a swag (Aussie bedroll) and enjoy a night under the outback stars. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru before gaining an insight to the local Aboriginal culture from your guide. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the formations and towering rock faces of Kings Canyon. Discover the size and beauty of the canyon as we trek through the Amphitheatre, discover the Lost City, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden and the North and South Walls. After lunch we make our way back to Alice Springs. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : PRTC3 - Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:45am. PRTC3SY - Ayers Rock Resort 1:45pm* from Desert Gardens Hotel
Arrival location : Alice Springs early evening Day 3
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- national park entry
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- Air-conditioned vehicle and camping fees/equipment
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent/net
- travel pillow
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may also vary and/or attractions substituted due to other seasonal conditions, Traditional owner, and national park requirements.
We reserve the right to use other trusted local operators when minimum numbers are not met for our tour.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies in a soft bag or backpack
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme outside temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. Conversely, in July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- Please note flights must depart Ayers Rock Airport after 1:20pm on Day 3. Please advise when booking if finishing tour at Yulara (Ayers Rock).