Travel with us from the heart of Australia, the Red Centre, down south to Adelaide. This tour also departs from Ayers Rock. This tour departs from Yulara/ Ayers Rock.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $755.00EUR €525.00GBP £450.00
|Route||Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $755.00EUR €525.00GBP £450.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP: Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort at 1:45pm**
Explore the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta as you get up close to this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. Fall in love with the desert sun as it sets over Uluru. Tonight you can sleep in a permanent tent or curl up in a swag (Aussie bedroll) and enjoy a night under the stars. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with the sunrise over Uluru. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you embark on a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to see more Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Erldunda
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the formations and towering rock faces of Kings Canyon. You will be left breathless by the sheer size and beauty of the canyon, as we trek through the Amphitheatre and discover the Lost City, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden, and the North and South Walls. We stop for lunch before we make our way back to our campsite for the night, Erldunda. (BLD)
Day 4 – Erldunda to Coober Pedy
We depart early this morning as we make our way to Coober Pedy, crossing the Northern Territory/South Australian border. We take a break at the outback town of Marla, where we have a chance to purchase some lunch (own expense) and stretch our legs. The next stop is Coober Pedy, ‘the Opal Capital of the World’. Upon arrival your guide will give you a tour of this unique town, before visiting an underground mine and museum for a guided tour. You will also have a chance to purchase some of the opal jewellery produced from the mine. Tonight we stay overnight in a unique underground bunkhouse in Coober Pedy.
Day 5 – Coober Pedy - Adelaide
After breakfast we continue the journey South along the Stuart Highway and stop at some of the salt lakes of Central Australia for an interesting photo opportunity. We pass by the ‘rocket launching’ town of Woomera — part of a former military test site. Next we make our way to Port Augusta where we stop to enjoy lunch (own expense). We’re on the home stretch now leaving the vast open outback plains behind us and making our way into South Australia’s capital city Adelaide. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Desert Gardens Hotel, Ayers Rock Resort at 1:45pm.
Arrival location : Select Adelaide accommodation early evening day 5
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- national park entry
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers, one night dorm accommodation with shared facilities, three nights camping (or upgrade to two nights budget ensuite accommodation and two nights camping)
- Aboriginal cultural interpretive walk*
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle, torch
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- ** Please note pick up times from Ayers Rock Resort do vary at different times of the year due to daylight savings and flight time changes. Please contact our customer service team for further information. The Yulara Airport Shuttle (free) is available to catch from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the shuttle out the front of the airport once luggage has been collected. Lunch is not included on Day 1.
- Upgrade accommodation is budget style and may be located on different premises to dorm.
- From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme outside temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. Conversely, in July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own with you or pre purchase a sleeping bag from us.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.