This was the very first trip that Adventure Tours offered right from the beginning - so you know that it’s legit. Today it’s even better than ever! Come with us as we show you the heart of the Red Centre - Uluru. What’s not to love about a famous Aussie landmark in the beautiful setting sun with a glass of sparkling wine in your hand? You’ll also get the chance to climb aboard a camel’s back for a ride at an outback camel farm before you curl up for the night under the stars in a swag (Aussie bedroll). Like culture? So do we! We’ll take you on a cultural walk around the base of the rock with a local indigenous guide. You’ll also hike around King’s Canyon and Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) - no wonder this is our most popular trip!
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $1035.00EUR €720.00GBP £620.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1035.00EUR €720.00GBP £620.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs): YHA Alice Springs, 06:05am
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Ayers Rock): Desert Gardens Hotel, 1:45pm**
Kick off your adventure on top of a camel! Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm where you can choose to take a ride and experience the best in desert transport (at own expense). From here it is off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch. Explore the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta as you get up close to this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. Fall in love with the desert sun as it sets over Uluru. Tonight you can sleep in a permanent tent or curl up in swag (Aussie bedroll) and enjoy a night under the stars. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with the sunrise over Uluru. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you embark on a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, and to connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to see more Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the formations and rock faces of King’s Canyon. You will be left breathless by the sheer size and beauty of the canyon, as we trek through the Amphitheatre and discover the Lost City, the lush Garden of Eden, and the North and South Walls. Enjoy a well-deserved lunch before we make our way back to Alice Springs. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:40am - Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 06:10am. OR Ayers Rock Airport at 1pm/Desert Gardens Hotel at 1:10pm (depends on flight arrival time, please see notes for details)**
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening day 3
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced guide
- National Park entry
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- 2 nights’ camping including fees and equipment
- Aboriginal cultural interpretive walk*
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- Hat and sunscreen
- Warm clothing in winter
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details
- * Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies. Excess baggage should remain at your Alice Springs accommodation
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- ** Please note pick up times from Ayers Rock Resort do vary at different times of the year due to daylight savings and flight time changes. Please contact our customer service team for further information. The Yulara Airport Shuttle (free) is available to catch from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the shuttle out the front of the airport once luggage has been collected. Lunch is not included on Day 1.