This was the very first trip that Adventure Tours offered right from the beginning - so you know that it’s legit. Today it’s even better than ever! Come with us as we show you the heart of the Red Centre - Uluru. What’s not to love about a famous Aussie landmark in the beautiful setting sun with a glass of sparkling wine in your hand? You’ll also get the chance to climb aboard a camel’s back for a ride at an outback camel farm before you curl up for the night under the stars in a swag (Aussie bedroll). Like culture? So do we! We’ll take you on a cultural walk around the base of the rock with a local indigenous guide. You’ll also hike around King’s Canyon and Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) - no wonder this is our most popular trip!
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $595.00EUR €420.00GBP £350.00
|Route||Alice Springs , Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $595.00EUR €420.00GBP £350.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs): Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Kick off your adventure on top of a camel! Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm where you can choose to take a ride and experience the best in desert transport (at own expense). From here it is off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch. Explore the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta as you get up close to this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. Fall in love with the desert sun as it sets over Uluru. Tonight you can sleep in a permanent tent or curl up in swag (Aussie bedroll) and enjoy a night under the stars. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with the sunrise over Uluru. While the morning's fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you embark on a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).^ It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, and to connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to see more Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the formations and rock faces of King's Canyon. You will be left breathless by the sheer size and beauty of the canyon, as we trek through the Amphitheatre and discover the Lost City, the lush Garden of Eden, and the North and South Walls. Enjoy a well-deserved lunch before we make our way back to Alice Springs. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:40am - Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 06:10am.
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening Day 3
This tour departs daily and is guaranteed with 1 passenger booked.
- Experienced guide
- National Park entry
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- 2 nights camping including fees and equipment
- Aboriginal cultural interpretive walk^
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- Hat and sunscreen
- Warm clothing in winter
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
• Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
• ^Where an Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours /Intrepid guide will lead the cultural walk.
• ^^ Please note pick up times from Ayers Rock Resort vary at different times of the year due to daylight savings and flight time changes. Please contact our Reservations team for further information. The free Yulara Airport Shuttle is available from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the shuttle out the front of the airport once luggage has been collected. Lunch is not included on Day 1.
• Children aged 8-12 are eligible for a 10% off child rate. Must quote promo code 10699 at time of booking.
• This tour is often combined with the Safari style trip that runs on the same itinerary (PAY3C/PAY3CY). This means you may travel with people who will stay in upgraded Safari-style tents.
• Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
• A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies. Excess should remain in storage at your Alice Springs accommodation (PAR3).
• This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own or pre-purchase a sleeping bag from us.
• It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.
• From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40's. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. In July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
• The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.
• B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.