Travel from Uluru to King's Canyon and back again. Trek the Red centre and visit a working outback station. Not to mention you'll watch the sun set over the Uluru - an unforgettable experience.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $460.00EUR €325.00GBP £240.00
|Route||Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Uluru (Ayers Rock)|
|Price (adult)||AUD $460.00EUR €325.00GBP £240.00|
|Valid||01 April 2016 - 31 March 2017|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Ayers Rock Resort to Kings Canyon
PICK UP: Desert Gardens Hotel, 1:45pm**
This afternoon we make our way to Watarrka National Park home to Kings Canyon. Along the way we'll enjoy a variety of outback scenery, including vibrant red dune country, and the craggy ranges of Central Australia. We also make a stop at Kings Creek Station — a real working outback station — with the option of a short camel ride (seasonal and at own expense). When we reach our secluded campsite near Kings Canyon, relax and unwind under the millions of stars. (D)
Day 2 – Kings Canyon to Uluru
The full 6km Kings Canyon rim walk requires an early start. Take your time to admire the sandstone domes of the Lost City, the cliff top views along the North and South Walls and the beauty of the Garden of Eden; all whilst learning about the flora, fauna, history and culture of this area from your knowledgeable guide. Our journey to Uluru passes Atila (Mt Conner) with its unique flat top and we'll stop for a break at Curtin Springs Station Roadhouse. Lunch is enjoyed en-route and we will also take in the magnificent red domes of Kata Tjuta as we enjoy the Walpa Gorge walk. Following your walk, watch the colours of the horizon change as the sun sets over Uluru. Tonight we camp at our permanent campsite at Yulara. (BLD)
Day 3 – Uluru
It's an early start this morning, but you won't be disappointed after you witness a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning is fresh, enjoy an unguided walk around the base of the Rock, seeing the Rock change from every angle as you take in its sheer size and beauty. It is a unique opportunity for your Guide to share experiences, connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. The tour will finish at Ayers Rock Resort or Yulara Airport before lunch. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Ayers Rock Resort 1:45pm from Desert Gardens Hotel
Arrival location : Desert Gardens Hotel approximately 12:00pm day 3
If dates are not appearing on the website, please email email@example.com
- Experienced guide
- national park entry
- meals as indicated
- air-conditioned vehicle
- camping fees/equipment for 2 nights
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent/net
- camera, pillow
- sleeping bag (can be purchased from us)
Sturdy walking shoes, hat and sunscreen, towel and toiletries, warm clothing in winter, water bottle, torch, insect repellent/net, camera, pillow, and sleeping bag (can be purchased from us).
Experienced guide, national park entry, meals as indicated, air-conditioned vehicle, and camping fees/equipment for 2 nights.
This trip is available in Basix style only. Basix accommodation consists of simple permanent twin share tents with single sleeping platforms. Each sleeping platform has a rubber sleeping mat, we also have swags (Aussie bed rolls) available at our campsites if you would like to experience sleeping in a swag. You will need to bring your own sleeping bag or pre-purchase one from us. Please also provide your own pillow if you wish.
Night 1: Kings Canyon - Simple permanent tents (Basix)
Night 2: Yulara - Simple permanent tents (Basix)
The relationship between ATA and Intrepid Australia
For over 25 years, Intrepid Travel and Adventure Tours Australia have been leading brands in the adventure travel business. With Intrepid's global product range and Adventure Tours' local knowledge, the two brands joined force in 2011 to provide the ultimate range of Australian product with Intrepid running all of it's local trips under the Adventure Tours Australia name. Today we're proud to bring Aussie-made trips to the world, both here with Adventure Tours and overseas through the Intrepid brand, so no matter which brand you have booked through, you're travelling with the best.
Passengers with special meal requirements or food allergies MUST ensure they or their travel agent inform Intrepid/ATA of this at the time of booking. Food for the trip is purchased prior to commencement and special requirements cannot be catered for after departing. If you have not notified us prior to departure, you may be asked to pay for any additional food yourself. Due to the nature of our trips food is basic but plentiful. We provide the below substitutes, please bring your own staples if you require specific foods not listed below:
No Pork (Alternative to Ham provided)
No Dairy (soy milk provided)
Vegetarian (additional veg and vegie burgers provided)
Vegan (supply of additional fruit and veg provided)
Gluten Free (cereal, bread, wraps, pasta, snack bars, sweet and savoury biscuits provided)
*Religious dietary requirements and specifically prepared/sourced produce is not able to be catered for.
• Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
• **Please note pick up times from Ayers Rock Resort vary at different times of the year due to daylight savings and flight time changes. Please contact our Reservations team for further information. The free Yulara Airport Shuttle is available from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the shuttle out the front of the airport once luggage has been collected. Lunch is not included on Day 1.
• Any outgoing flights before 12:30pm on day three will incur a $35 transfer fee to be paid at the time of booking. Depending on your departure time, you may miss the Uluru Cultural Centre.
• Children aged 8-12 are eligible for a 10% off child rate. Must quote promo code 10699 at time of booking.
• Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
• A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies. Excess is able to be stored at the Desert Gardens Hotel.
• This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own or pre-purchase a sleeping bag from us.
• From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40's. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. In July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
• B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.