Spend the night in a swag (Aussie bedroll) watching the sun rise and set over Uluru after spending a day walking around the base of the big rock and setting out on a hike of nearby Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and Kings canyon. learn a bit of local history with an Uluru Cultural Experience. This tour starts and ends at Ayers Rock and will be a two day experience you won't forget in a hurry.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $305.00EUR €255.00GBP £205.00
|Route||Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Uluru (Ayers Rock)|
|Price (adult)||AUD $305.00EUR €255.00GBP £205.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Kata Tjuta and Uluru
PICK UP: Ayers Rock Airport at 1pm, or Desert Gardens Hotel 1:10pm**
We make our start exploring the intriguing landforms of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and hiking through the spectacular Valley of the Winds. Marvel at the sheer size and depth of colour thatmakes Uluru such an impressive site, especially as we get there in time to see the rich desert tones changing as the sun sets. Relax and enjoy the view with some Australian sparkling wine. A hearty dinner and some star-gazing at our permanent campsite is the perfect way to end the evening. (D)
Day 2 – Uluru
Rise early today and watch a breathtaking sunrise over Uluru. Enjoy an unguided walk around the vast base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you take a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter)*. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before your tour finishes at Ayers Rock Resort. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Ayers Rock Airport at 1pm, or Desert Gardens Hotel at 1:10pm (depends on flight arrival time, please see notes below for details)**
Arrival location : Ayers Rock Resort (Desert Gardens Hotel) or Airport approximately 12:00pm day 2 (flights must be booked to depart after 1pm)
Tour Departs: All Year: Daily
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced tour guide
- National Park entry
- Meals as indicated
- Camping fees and equipment
- Twin share tents
- Aboriginal cultural interpretive walk*
Upgrade to our Overnight Uluru Safari for just AUD$50
Book our ARB2 and you can upgrade to our AYB2 before departure, which gives you access to our superior comfort Safari tents.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Warm clothing in winter months
- Insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased from us for $30)
** Pick ups from Ayers Rock:
Lunch will be included on Day 1 for all passengers.
Qantas QF1851, 0950am – pick up from Desert Gardens Hotel at 1310 (catch airport shuttle). This 1310 pick up will not be available for any other flight, and so may not operate all days.
Virgin VA1627, 1145am – pick up is from Ayers Rock Airport at 1300 (do not catch shuttle)
Jetstar JQ660, 1235pm – pick up is from Ayers Rock Airport at 1300 (do not catch shuttle)
Qantas QF1941, 1450pm – no pick up available.
- **Outgoing flights must be booked to depart Ayers Rock Airport after 1pm on day 2.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted due to seasonal conditions, weather extremes, Traditional Owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Please arrive in appropriate clothing and footwear with a day pack prepared.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.