Max Passengers: 24
AUD $455.00EUR €380.00GBP £305.00
|Route||Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Uluru (Ayers Rock)|
|Price (adult)||AUD $455.00EUR €380.00GBP £305.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Ayers Rock Resort to Kings Canyon
PICK UP LOCATION: Desert Gardens Hotel, 1:45pm
This afternoon we make our way to Watarrka National Park home to Kings Canyon. Along the way we’ll enjoy a variety of outback scenery, including vibrant red dune country, and the craggy ranges of Central Australia. We also make a stop at Kings Creek Station — a real working outback station — with the option of a short camel ride (seasonal and at own expense). When we reach our secluded campsite near Kings Canyon, roll up your sleeves and lend a hand with the dinner preparations. Tonight you will sleep in the comfort of a permanent tent, although a swag (Aussie bedroll) is available for those wishing to sleep under the outback stars! (D)
Day 2 – Kings Canyon to Uluru
The full 6km Kings Canyon rim walk requires an early start. Take your time to admire the sandstone domes of the Lost City, the cliff top views along the North and South Walls, and the beauty of the Garden of Eden; all whilst learning about the flora, fauna, history and culture of this area from your knowledgeable guide. Our journey to Uluru passes Atila (Mt Conner) with its unique flat top and we’ll stop for a break at Curtin Springs Station Roadhouse. Lunch is enjoyed en-route and we will also take in the magnificent red domes of Kata Tjuta as we enjoy the Walpa Gorge walk. Following your hike, sample the Red Centre’s famous sunset, capped off with a glass of sparkling wine in hand. Tonight we camp at our permanent campsite at Yulara. (BLD)
Day 3 – Uluru
It’s an early start this morning, but you won’t be disappointed after you witness a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning is fresh, enjoy an unguided walk around the base of the Rock. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the story of the Mala people as you take a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter). It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. The tour will finish at Ayers Rock Resort or Yulara Airport before lunch. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Ayers Rock Resort at 1:45pm from Desert Gardens Hotel (flights must arrive by 125pm to connect with the free Ayers Rock Airport shuttle bus).
Arrival location: Ayers Rock Airport or Desert Gardens Hotel from 12.00pm (flights must be booked to depart no earlier than 1230).
Tour Departs: All Year: Wed Sat
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- national park entry, meals as indicated
- accommodation/airport transfers
- 2 nights camping including fees and equipment
- Aboriginal cultural interpretive walk*
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Towel and toiletries
- Warm clothing in winter
- Water bottle
- insect repellent
- Sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies. Excess baggage should remain at your Alice Springs accommodation.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).