Do you like to do things in Style? See the beauty of Uluru and experience all the luxury that camping in the outback has to offer. Kick back as you watch the sun set over the big rock and look forward to spending the night in the comfort of a luxury outback tent. You will be well rested and relaxed to explore the Red Centre and Kata Tjuta (The Olgas).
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $395.00GBP £230.00EUR €270.00
|Route||Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Uluru (Ayers Rock)|
|Price (adult)||AUD $395.00EUR €275.00GBP £230.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Kata Tjuta and Uluru
PICK UP: Desert Gardens Hotel, 1:45pm**
We start by visiting the landforms of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), marvel at the size and colour that makes Uluru such an iconic site, especially as we get there in time to see the desert tones change as the sun sets - relax and enjoy the view with a glass of sparkling wine in hand! A hearty dinner and some star-gazing at our permanent campsite is the perfect way to end the evening. (D)
Day 2 – Uluru
An early start is rewarded with a picture-perfect Uluru sunrise. While the day is fresh, enjoy an unguided walk around the base of the Rock. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the story of the Mala people as you take a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter)*. It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Uluru Cultural Centre before finishing your tour at Ayers Rock Resort. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Ayers Rock Resort 1:45pm* from Desert Gardens Hotel
Arrival location : Desert Gardens Hotel approximately 12:00pm day 2 (flights must be booked to depart after 1:30pm)
Apr, Sep-Nov & Jan-Mar: Thu Sat
May-Aug, Dec: Thu Sat Mon
- Experienced tour guide
- national park entry
- meals as indicated
- air conditioned vehicle
- camping fees and equipment
- twin share safari tents (with proper beds, all linen, pillows, towels and fans)
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- water bottle
- warm clothing in winter months
- insect repellent
The relationship between ATA and Intrepid Australia
For over 25 years, Intrepid Travel and Adventure Tours Australia have been leading brands in the adventure travel business. With Intrepid's global product range and Adventure Tours' local knowledge, the two brands joined force in 2011 to provide the ultimate range of Australian product with Intrepid running all of it's local trips under the Adventure Tours Australia name. Today we're proud to bring Aussie-made trips to the world, both here with Adventure Tours and overseas through the Intrepid brand, so no matter which brand you have booked through, you're travelling with the best.
Passengers with special meal requirements or food allergies MUST ensure they or their travel agent inform Intrepid/ATA of this at the time of booking. Food for the trip is purchased prior to commencement and special requirements cannot be catered for after departing. If you have not notified us prior to departure, you may be asked to pay for any additional food yourself. Due to the nature of our trips food is basic but plentiful. We provide the below substitutes, please bring your own staples if you require specific foods not listed below:
No Pork (Alternative to Ham provided)
No Dairy (soy milk provided)
Vegetarian (additional veg and vegie burgers provided)
Vegan (supply of additional fruit and veg provided)
Gluten Free (cereal, bread, wraps, pasta, snack bars, sweet and savoury biscuits provided)
*Religious dietary requirements and specifically prepared/sourced produce is not able to be catered for.
- Itineraries may also vary and/or attractions substituted due to other seasonal conditions, Traditional owner and national park requirements.
- *Please note pick up times from Ayers Rock Resort do vary at different times of the year due to daylight savings and flight time changes. Please contact our customer service team for further information.
- Outgoing flights must be booked to depart Ayers Rock Airport after 1:30pm on day 2. If a flight is booked before this time a transfer may be arranged from the cultural centre (Uluru) to Ayers Rock Airport for and additional cost of AU$35 per person (non-commissionable). Passenger flight details must be provided and transfer booked with our Inside Sales Team prior to travel.
- From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme outside temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. Conversely, in July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies in a soft bag or backpack
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure. Due to the nature of our trips food is basic but plentiful. We are able to cater for vegetarian and gluten free diets, but not for vegan diets due to the difficulty in sourcing this food remotely. Please bring your own staples such as bread and cereal if you require specific foods.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate times
‘In the case of a genuine emergency, or concerns about a missed pick-up on the day of departure please contact your local ground operator on 1800 883 3551800 883 355 FREE FREE. For all other enquiries please contact our reservations team on 1300 654 6041300 654 604.’