Get out and experience the epic adventure of travelling North from Alice Springs to Darwin and exploring some fantastic parts of the Aussie outback along the way. From the magnificent natural wonder of Devil's Marbles (Karlu Karlu) and the Olgas (Kata Tjuta) this venture will expose you to Indigenous Australian culture and traditions while still letting you explore and get your hands dirty in the Red Centre.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $875.00EUR €610.00GBP £525.00
|Route||Alice Springs , Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $875.00EUR €610.00GBP £525.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs): YHA Alice Springs, 06:05am
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Yulara): Desert Gardens Hotel, 1:45pm**
Kick off your adventure on top of a camel! Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm whereyou can choose to take a ride and experience the best in desert transport (at own expense). Fromhere it is off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch. Explore the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta as you get up closeto this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. Fall in love with the desertsun as it sets over Uluru. Tonight you can sleep in a permanent tent or curl up in a swag (Aussiebedroll) and enjoy a night under the stars.(LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with the sunrise over Uluru. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguidedwalk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Malapeople as you embark on a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* Itis a unique opportunity to share experiences, and to connect with and learn about the oldestculture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to see more Aboriginal arts and crafts atthe Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park(Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the formations and rock faces of King’sCanyon. You will be left breathless by the sheer size and beauty of the canyon, as we trek throughthe Amphitheatre and discover the Lost City, the lush Garden of Eden, and the North and SouthWalls. Enjoy a well-deserved lunch before we make our way back to Alice Springs. (BL)
Day 4 – Alice Springs to Daly Waters
PICK UP LOCATION: YHA Alice Springs, 06:05am
Leaving Alice we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles)where we explore the well-known marble shaped granite boulders, a site sacred to its traditionalowners. Continuing north we make a stop at Tennant Creek for your chance to purchase somelunch and stretch your legs before we continue to Daly Waters for our overnight camp located rightnear the NT’s famous Daly Waters Outback Hotel. Here you have an opportunity to check out thisfamous pub, enjoy a swim in the pool, have a cool drink and purchase some of the local fare forDinner. Overnight at our camp at Daly Waters.
Day 5 –Daly Waters to Darwin
After an early morning start as we make our way to Nitmiluk National Park, home to KatherineGorge and Edith Falls. Your guide will lead a short return walk to Baruwei Lookout, allowing you toget a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the localJawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we have one final stop for a swim atthe beautiful Edith Falls before we drive the last leg into the Northern Territory’s capital city, Darwin.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:40am (default pick up YHA Alice Springs at 06:05am). OR Ayers Rock Resort 1:45pm** from Desert Gardens Hotel
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation evening day 5
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced guides
- National park entrance fee
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- Aboriginal culture interpretive walk*
- 3 nights camping fees and equipment and 1 night dorm accommodation with shared facilities
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Towel and toiletries
- Warm clothing in winter
- Insect repellent
- Travel pillow
- Sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonalconditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag you may bring your own with you or pre purchase a sleepingbag from us.
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Package is made up of 2 separate tours therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pickups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.