Get out and experience the epic adventure of travelling North from Alice Springs to Darwin and exploring some fantastic parts of the Aussie outback along the way. From the magnificent natural wonder of Devil's Marbles (Karlu Karlu) and the Olgas (Kata Tjuta) this venture will expose you to Indigenous Australian culture and traditions while still letting you explore and get your hands dirty in the Red Centre.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $875.00EUR €610.00GBP £525.00
|Route||Alice Springs to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $875.00EUR €610.00GBP £525.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Kick off your adventure on top of a camel! Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm where you can choose to take a ride and experience the best in desert transport (at own expense). From here it is off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch. Explore the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta as you get up close to this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. Fall in love with the desert sun as it sets over Uluru. Tonight you can sleep in a permanent tent or curl up in a swag (Aussie bedroll) and enjoy a night under the stars.(LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with the sunrise over Uluru. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you embark on a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, and to connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to see more Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park(Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the formations and rock faces of Kings Canyon. You will be left breathless by the sheer size and beauty of the canyon, as we trek through the Amphitheatre and discover the Lost City, the lush Garden of Eden, and the North and South Walls. Enjoy a well-deserved lunch before we make our way back to Alice Springs. (BL)
Day 4 – Alice Springs to Daly Waters
PICK UP LOCATION: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Leaving Alice we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles)where we explore the well-known marble shaped granite boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. Continuing north we make a stop at Tennant Creek for your chance to purchase some lunch and stretch your legs before we continue to Daly Waters for our overnight camp located right near the NT’s famous Daly Waters Outback Hotel. Here you have an opportunity to check out this famous pub, enjoy a swim in the pool, have a cool drink and purchase some of the local fare for dinner. Overnight at our camp at Daly Waters.
Day 5 –Daly Waters to Darwin
After an early morning start as we make our way to Nitmiluk National Park, home to Katherine Gorge and Edith Falls. Your guide will lead a short return walk to Baruwei Lookout, allowing you toget a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we have one final stop for a swim at the beautiful Edith Falls before we drive the last leg into the Northern Territory’s capital city, Darwin.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:40am (default pick up Haven Backpackers at 06:10am)
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation evening day 5
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guides
- National park entrance fee
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- Aboriginal culture interpretive walk*
- 3 nights camping fees and equipment and 1 night dorm accommodation with shared facilities (no upgrade available)
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Towel and toiletries
- Warm clothing in winter
- Insect repellent
- Travel pillow
- Sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- The final 2 days of this trip is designed to be an express between Alice Springs and Darwin and has a limited itinerary. The distance travelled is some 1,500km and involves a substantial amount of time on the vehicle.
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme outside temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. Conversely, in July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own with you or pre purchase from us.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Package is made up of 2 separate tours therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.