This adventure combines three of our popular tours and will leave you on Cloud 9. Starting in the Red Centre, you’ll get the full Uluru experience watching the sun rise and set and sleeping in bush sleeping bags under the stars (swag). Explore Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and King’s Canyon where’ll you’ll wear in your walking shoes. From here we’ll take you North to Darwin. You’ll be able to marvel at the Devil’s Marbles, Katherine Gorge, Edith Falls, and stay overnight at a famous outback Aussie pub. The tours now takes you into the jewel of the Top End, Kakadu National Park, where you’ll see the beautiful Jim Jim Falls. Relax and take a swim before checking out Litchfield National Park, another unforgettable experience. Made up of three separate tours, the Cloud 9 will ensure you don’t miss a beat. The tour finishes in Darwin in the early evening.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $1540.00EUR €1285.00GBP £1035.00
|Route||Alice Springs , Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1540.00EUR €1285.00GBP £1035.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs): Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Ayers Rock): Ayers Rock Airport at 1pm, or Desert Gardens Hotel 1:10pm**
Kick off your 9 day adventure on top of a camel! Our first stop is the Outback Camel Farm where you can choose to ride atop one of these desert giants (at own expense). From here we head off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) and a bite to eat. Kata Tjuta will fascinate you and you will discover some of the secrets of this ancient landform on the Valley of the Winds hike. Relax, wind down after a busy first day and take in a beautiful desert sunset over Uluru and as the night grows darker, curl up in your permanent tent or enjoy the option of a swag (Aussie bedroll) and experience a night under the outback stars. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
It’s an early start this morning, but you’ll be rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning is fresh, enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you take a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Uluru Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the impressive and towering rock formations of Kings Canyon. You’ll be left breathless by the sheer size and beauty of the canyon as we trek through the Amphitheatre, the Lost City, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden and the North and South Walls. We enjoy lunch before making our way back to Alice Springs. Overnight dorm accommodation included. (BL)
Day 4 – Alice Springs
Enjoy a free day to relax and explore Alice Springs (overnight dorm accommodation included; meals and activities at own expense).
Day 5 – Alice Springs – Devils Marbles
DEFAULT PICK UP LOCATION: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Leaving Alice we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we explore the well-known marble shaped granite boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. Continuing north we make a stop at Tennant Creek for your chance to purchase some lunch (own expense) and stretch your legs before we continue to Daly Waters for our overnight camp located right near the NT’s famous Daly Waters Outback Hotel. Here you have an opportunity to check out this famous pub, enjoy a swim in the pool, have a cool drink and purchase some of the local fare for Dinner (own expense). Overnight dorm at Daly Waters pub.
Day 6 – Katherine Gorge to Darwin
After an early morning start as we make our way to Nitmiluk National Park, home to Katherine Gorge and Edith Falls. Your guide will lead a short return walk to Baruwei Lookout, allowing you to get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we have one final stop for a swim at the beautiful Edith Falls before we drive the last leg into the Northern Territory’s capital city, Darwin. Overnight dorm accommodation in Darwin.
Day 7 – Darwin to Mary River
PICK UP DAY 7: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
A refreshing start to the next leg of your adventure, checking out the flora, fauna and waterfalls of Litchfield National Park. Enjoy lunch before we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan – Wulna people. Experience the local Aboriginal culture including bush tucker talks, playing the didgeridoo, basket weaving and spear throwing*. We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where the exotic birds are not the only wildlife to see. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon river cruise! Climb into your sleeping bag for a well earned rest at our secluded Mary River camping spot. (LD)
Day 8 – Mary River to Kakadu
This morning we travel into the heart of Kakadu to discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr, then clamber up to a rocky lookout for fabulous views over the Nardab floodplain. Next it’s on to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where a hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plunge pools. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp within Kakadu National Park. (BLD)
Day 9 – Kakadu to Darwin
Get ready for some 4WD action today on our way to Kakadu’s most iconic site, Jim Jim Falls! Once we get there, we’ll hike to the base of the falls before continuing on to Twin Falls. Feel the beauty of the stunning gorge and powerful falls from your National Park operated boat and boardwalk experience. Stop in at the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre this afternoon to learn more about local Indigenous culture and customs. The impressive scenery will continue to amaze you as we journey back to cosmopolitan Darwin in the afternoon. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:40am - Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 06:10am. OR Ayers Rock Airport at 1pm/Desert Gardens Hotel at 1:10pm (depends on flight arrival time, please see notes for details)**
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening on day 9.
Tour Departs: Year round: Sat
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guides
- national park entrance fees
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- 4 nights' camping fees and equipment, and 4 nights' dorm accommodation
- 2 Aboriginal cultural experiences*
Accommodation Upgrade: 4 nights camping, 1 night dorm accommodation with shared facilities, and 3 nights budget ensuite accommodation.
Twin/Double: AUD $1615 / €1345 / ₤1085
Child rate for Twin/Double (this option must be booked for children under 18 years): AUD $1375 / €1145 / ₤920
Single: AUD $1780 / €1485 / ₤1195
- Camel ride
- Kings Canyon Helicopter flight
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- swimming gear
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- money for meals not included
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
** Pick ups from Ayers Rock:
Lunch will be included on Day 1 for all passengers.
Qantas QF1851, 0950am – pick up from Desert Gardens Hotel at 1310 (catch airport shuttle). This 1310 pick up will not be available for any other flight, and so may not operate all days.
Virgin VA1627, 1145am – pick up is from Ayers Rock Airport at 1300 (do not catch shuttle)
Jetstar JQ660, 1235pm – pick up is from Ayers Rock Airport at 1300 (do not catch shuttle)
Qantas QF1941, 1450pm – no pick up available.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted due for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- * The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) as site is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absent due to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable at Uluru an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- Package is made up of 3 separate tours therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section.
- A tropical summer itinerary applies for Kakadu section Nov/Dec-May and is available upon request.
- Please note that activities at Katherine Gorge and Kakadu are seasonal and may not be available/vary during the wet season (Nov-Mar).
- Please note this trip has some long driving times between Alice Springs and Darwin. We recommend to bring a pillow, reading book, Ipod/MP3 player etc for personal entertainment on the long drives.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48 hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies (10kg in Kakadu).