Max Passengers: 48
AUD $1540.00EUR €1285.00GBP £1035.00
|Route||Alice Springs , Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1540.00EUR €1285.00GBP £1035.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs): Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Ayers Rock): Desert Gardens Hotel, 1:45pm**
Kick off your 9 day adventure on top of a camel! Our first stop is the Outback Camel Farm where you can choose to ride atop one of these desert giants (at own expense). From here we head off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) and a bite to eat. Kata Tjuta will fascinate you and you will discover some of the secrets of this ancient landform on the Valley of the Winds hike. Relax, wind down after a busy first day and take in a beautiful desert sunset over Uluru and as the night grows darker, curl up in your permanent tent or enjoy the option of a swag (Aussie bedroll) and experience a night under the outback stars. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
It’s an early start this morning, but you’ll be rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning is fresh, enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you take a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Uluru Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the impressive and towering rock formations of Kings Canyon. You’ll be left breathless by the sheer size and beauty of the canyon as we trek through the Amphitheatre, the Lost City, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden and the North and South Walls. We enjoy lunch before making our way back to Alice Springs. Overnight dorm accommodation included. (BL)
Day 4 – Alice Springs
Enjoy a free day to relax and explore Alice Springs (overnight dorm accommodation included; meals and activities at own expense).
Day 5 – Alice Springs to Devils Marbles
PICK UP DAY 5: Haven Backpacker Resort, 11:00am
Leaving Alice we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we have some time to explore the well known marble shaped granite boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. Continuing north we make a stop at Tennant Creek for a chance to purchase some dinner and stretch your legs, before we make the overnight journey to Katherine.
Day 6 – Katherine Gorge to Darwin
After a short early morning stop in Katherine where you can purchase breakfast we arrive at Nitmiluk National Park home to stunning Katherine Gorge. Here you will have the chance to take an optional 2 hour cruise through the first 2 gorges (at own expense and seasonal Apr-Nov). Early morning is the perfect time to experience and photograph the gorge in all its glory. If the cruise is not for you, our guide will lead a short return walk to Baruwei Lookout allowing you to get a nice postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge, we drive the last leg into Darwin. Arriving around 1pm, you will have the afternoon free to explore the Northern Territory’s capital city.
Day 7 – Darwin to Mary River
PICK UP DAY 7: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am
A refreshing start to the next leg of your adventure, checking out the flora, fauna and waterfalls of Litchfield National Park. Enjoy lunch before we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan – Wulna people. Experience the local Aboriginal culture including bush tucker talks, playing the didgeridoo, basket weaving and spear throwing*. We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where the exotic birds are not the only wildlife to see. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon river cruise! Climb into your sleeping bag for a well earned rest at our secluded Mary River camping spot. (LD)
Day 8 – Mary River to Kakadu
This morning we travel into the heart of Kakadu to discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr, then clamber up to a rocky lookout for fabulous views over the Nardab floodplain. Next it’s on to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where a hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plunge pools. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp within Kakadu National Park. (BLD)
Day 9 – Kakadu to Darwin
Get ready for some 4WD action today on our way to Kakadu’s most iconic site, Jim Jim Falls! Once we get there, we’ll hike to the base of the falls before continuing on to Twin Falls. Feel the beauty of the stunning gorge and powerful falls from your National Park operated boat and boardwalk experience. Stop in at the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre this afternoon to learn more about local Indigenous culture and customs. The impressive scenery will continue to amaze you as we journey back to cosmopolitan Darwin in the afternoon. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:40am - Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 06:10am. OR Ayers Rock Resort 1:45pm** (after lunch) from Desert Gardens Hotel
Arrival location: Darwin accommodation early evening on day 9.
- Experienced guides
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- 4 nights' camping fees and equipment
- 3 nights' dorm accommodation
- 1 night overnight coach
- 2 Aboriginal cultural experiences*
Accommodation Upgrade: 4 nights camping, 1 night overnight coach, and 3 nights budget ensuite accommodation.
Twin/Double: AUD $1615 / €1345 / ₤1085
Child rate for Twin/Double (this option must be booked for children under 18 years): AUD $1375 / €1145 / ₤920
Single: AUD $1780 / €1485 / ₤1195
- Camel ride
- Kings Canyon Helicopter flight
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- swimming gear
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted due for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- * The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) as site is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absent due to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable at Uluru an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- ** Flight must arrive at Yulara Airport before 1:20pm to connect with Yulara Airport Shuttle (free) to Desert Gardens Hotel. Passengers arriving on flights after this time may forfeit day 1 afternoon activities.
- Package is made up of 3 separate tours therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section.
- A tropical summer itinerary applies for Kakadu section Nov/Dec-May and is available upon request.
- Please note that activities at Katherine Gorge and Kakadu are seasonal and may not be available/vary during the wet season (Nov-Mar).
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48 hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies (10kg in Kakadu).
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.