Max Passengers: 48
AUD $825.00EUR €685.00GBP £555.00
|Route||Alice Springs , Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $825.00EUR €685.00GBP £555.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs): Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Ayers Rock): Desert Gardens Hotel, 1:45pm
Why not kick off your adventure on top of a camel? Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm where you can choose go for a short ride on one of these desert giants (at own expense). From here we’re off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) where we make a quick stop for lunch. Kata Tjuta will fascinate you and you will discover some of the secrets of this ancient landform on the Valley of the Winds hike. You’ll be mesmerised as the desert sun sets over Uluru. As the night grows darker, curl up in your permanent tent or enjoy the option of a swag (Aussie bedroll) and experience a night under the outback stars. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
It’s an early start this morning, but you’ll be rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning is fresh, enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you take a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Uluru Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within theWatarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
You’ll need your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the remarkable formations that make up Kings Canyon. The sheer beauty and size of the canyon will leave you breathless as we trek through the Amphitheatre, the Lost City, the lush Garden of Eden and the North and South Walls. Enjoy lunch before we make our way back to Alice Springs. Overnight dorm accommodation is included. (BL)
Day 4 – Alice Springs and Devils Marbles
PICK UP DAY 4: Haven Backpackers, 11:00am
Leaving Alice Springs, we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where there’s time to explore the well known marble shaped granite boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. Tennant Creek is our next stop and a chance for you to purchase some dinner and stretch your legs before we make the overnight journey to Katherine.
Day 5 – Katherine Gorge to Darwin
An early morning stop in Katherine gives you the chance to purchase breakfast before we arrive at NitmilukNational Park, home to Katherine Gorge. Here you will have the chance to take an optional 2 hour breakfast cruise through the first 2 gorges (own expense and seasonal Apr-Nov). You’re in for a treat, because early morning is the perfect time to experience and photograph the gorge in all its glory. If you’re looking for something more active our guide will lead a short return walk to Baruwei lookout where you can get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we drive the last leg into Darwin, arriving around 1:00pm with the afternoon free to explore the Northern Territory’s capital city.
NOTES: Tour may commence in either Alice Springs or from Ayers Rock Resort. Flight must arrive at Yulara Airport before 1:20pm to connect with Yulara Airport Shuttle (free) to Desert Gardens Hotel. Passengers arriving on flights after this time may forfeit day 1 afternoon activities.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:40am - Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 06:10am. OR Ayers Rock Resort 1:45pm* (after lunch) from Desert Gardens Hotel.
Arrival location: Darwin accommodation evening day 5
Tour Departs: Year round: Sun
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
National park entrance fee
Meals as indicated
Aboriginal culture interpretive walk**
2 nights’ camping fees and equipment, 1 night overnight coach, and 1 night dorm accommodation in Alice Springs
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Towel and toiletries
- Warm clothing in winter
- Insect repellent
- Travel pillow
- Sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner, and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details
- *Flight must arrive at Yulara Airport before 1:20pm to connect with Yulara Airport Shuttle (free) to Desert Gardens Hotel. Passengers arriving on flights after this time may forfeit day 1 afternoon activities.
- ** Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure
- Please note the cruise at Katherine Gorge is seasonal and may not be available during the wet season
- This is a packaged tour, therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section
- Tour must be reconfirmed 24-48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kgs applies