Get out and experience the epic adventure of travelling North from Alice Springs to Darwin and exploring some fantastic parts of the Aussie outback along the way. From the magnificent natural wonder of Devil's Marbles (Karlu Karlu) and the Olgas (Kata Tjuta) this venture will expose you to Indigenous Australian culture and traditions while still letting you explore and get your hands dirty in the Red Centre.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $825.00EUR €685.00GBP £555.00
|Route||Alice Springs , Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $825.00EUR €685.00GBP £555.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs): Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Ayers Rock): Ayers Rock Airport at 1pm, or Desert Gardens Hotel 1:10pm**
Why not kick off your adventure on top of a camel? Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm where you can choose go for a short ride on one of these desert giants (at own expense). From here we’re off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) where we make a quick stop for lunch. Kata Tjuta will fascinate you and you will discover some of the secrets of this ancient landform on the Valley of the Winds hike. You’ll be mesmerised as the desert sun sets over Uluru. As the night grows darker, curl up in your permanent tent or enjoy the option of a swag (Aussie bedroll) and experience a night under the outback stars. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
It’s an early start this morning, but you’ll be rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning is fresh, enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you take a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Uluru Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
You’ll need your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the remarkable formations that make up Kings Canyon. The sheer beauty and size of the canyon will leave you breathless as we trek through the Amphitheatre, the Lost City, the lush Garden of Eden and the North and South Walls. Enjoy lunch before we make our way back to Alice Springs. Overnight dorm accommodation is included. (BL)
Day 4 – Alice Springs – Devils Marbles
DEFAULT PICK UP LOCATION: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Leaving Alice we pass by the Tropic of Capricorn and make our way to Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we explore the well-known marble shaped granite boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. Continuing north we make a stop at Tennant Creek for your chance to purchase some lunch (own expense) and stretch your legs before we continue to Daly Waters for our overnight camp located right near the NT’s famous Daly Waters Outback Hotel. Here you have an opportunity to check out this famous pub, enjoy a swim in the pool, have a cool drink and purchase some of the local fare for Dinner (own expense). Overnight dorm at Daly Waters pub.
Day 5 – Katherine Gorge to Darwin
After an early morning start as we make our way to Nitmiluk National Park, home to Katherine Gorge and Edith Falls. Your guide will lead a short return walk to Baruwei Lookout, allowing you to get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we have one final stop for a swim at the beautiful Edith Falls before we drive the last leg into the Northern Territory’s capital city, Darwin.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:40am - Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 06:10am. OR Ayers Rock Airport at 1pm/Desert Gardens Hotel at 1:10pm (depends on flight arrival time, please see notes for details)**
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening day 5
Tour Departs: Year round: Sun
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
National park entrance fee
Meals as indicated
Aboriginal culture interpretive walk*
2 nights’ camping fees and equipment, and 2 nights dorm accommodation with shared facilities
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Towel and toiletries
- Warm clothing in winter
- Insect repellent
- Travel pillow
- Sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- money for meals not included.
** Pick ups from Ayers Rock:
Lunch will be included on Day 1 for all passengers.
Qantas QF1851, 0950am – pick up from Desert Gardens Hotel at 1310 (catch airport shuttle). This 1310 pick up will not be available for any other flight, and so may not operate all days.
Virgin VA1627, 1145am – pick up is from Ayers Rock Airport at 1300 (do not catch shuttle)
Jetstar JQ660, 1235pm – pick up is from Ayers Rock Airport at 1300 (do not catch shuttle)
Qantas QF1941, 1450pm – no pick up available.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner, and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure
- Please note the cruise at Katherine Gorge is seasonal and may not be available during the wet season
- Please note this trip has some long driving times between Alice Springs and Darwin. We recommend to bring a pillow, reading book, Ipod/MP3 player etc for personal entertainment on the long drives.
- This is a packaged tour, therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section
- Tour must be reconfirmed 24-48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kgs applies